Thursday, April 20, 2017

Paint Party Friday

It's Paint Party time again, thanks to
Kristin and Eva, our hard-working hosts.
Both classes were cancelled this week so I
have done very little art. I am showing a
mixed media background I made on a
newspaper flyer. Love the colors and the
sparkle but not so crazy about the design.
I should have done something different
with those huge off white blobs. (Like cover them 
up with paint - which I may still do.)

I did make a bunch of cards to send out
from the church to the homebound members
and to the people who are sick and a few
who were having birthdays. I only took
this photo of what I worked on. It's
for a house warming occasion. I used a
patterned paper for a background, constructed
the house from other patterned papers, and
used raised stickers I got on clearance at AC Moore.

I did manage to obtain a photo of the family reunion
in North Carolina celebrating my aunt's 100th
birthday. It was a wonderful time of reuniting
and meeting members that I had never met.
I was the oldest there (after the honoree) and
am in the blue jacket right behind my aunt.


And my wonderful surprise at Easter was the 
gorgeous basket of flowers my son and daughter-in-law
gave  me to plant in pots for my back porch.


and a card size watercolor I did tonight...
(none of my screen colors look as bright and vivid as the real things)

18 comments:

  1. Hello Faye, I love the colours and design of your mixed media artwork... a peaceful feeling comes through. What a truly delightful housewarming card too!
    You've a lovely family and that's a great photo of the reunion. A gorgeous gift of flowers from your dear ones... you'll have reminders in your pots for many years to come. All the best Faye, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an enjoyable post! Can wait to see the photos on my pc screen! Love your reunion photo and lovely basket of flowers planted on your porch! So pretty! Your cards are so pretty too! Seems like spring is at your house this week!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mixed media background and card are so lovely. Plus that is such a sweet idea to send out cards to people who are stuck at home! We have a newborn so have barely left the house for a month and whenever I get real mail it brightens my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye this is such a wonderful post. I really like the white "blobs" in your piece. It is so nice to send cards out the the home bound. I know they appreciate it very much. The family reunion photo is wonderful. Blue looks good on you. The gift from your Son and DIL will last forever in your garden. Very thoughtful indeed. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 100th to your aunt, wow! Your pots look fantastic as do your pretty cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of art and beautiful flowers. Glad you had fun meeting your relations, and congrats to your aunt, what a great age to reach. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great creations. Must have been fun getting together with your family. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mixed media piece looks great. but the good thing with mixed media backgrounds is you can always add more layers if there is something your'e not happy about. Which is what I do a lot. Happy PPF!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the happy photo and congratulations on your ant. You got a gorgeous flowers from your son who sure knows you love to paint them. Thanks the beautiful this weeks art, Faye.
    Happy PPF and weekend 💜


    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- you a wonderful looking family. I've reconnected with a cousin lately and its wonderful to see all those family members. Plus some more wonderful art! I like how you have so many home pieces. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your mixed-media piece. Your card is beautiful and your watercolour is so pretty. Love the family reunion photograph. It's graet to have things like this to look back on. And wow! Your back porch looks super, awash with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Art, flowers, family and fun. It doesn't get any better than that. This was a delightful post! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't paint the "blobs". I think they are lovely as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Faye, you are the card "maven"! What a wonderful family reunion, you all look like you had great fun. Your new lilies are the bomb! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful artwork...gorgeous flowers and a 100th birthday family reunion celebration, wow!!! All wonderful and uplifting to the heart and soul Faye! Thank you so much for sharing all of this love with us~

    Big Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your art is great today and if you don't like the mix media just change it :) That's the glory of paint. You son did well with your gift!!!! I'd love to get a basket of plants like that ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even when you say you haven't done much art, it seems like...you've done a LOT of art, lol. I've been side-tracked from art lately. Hope to get back in the swing soon. Keep on keeping on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.