Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Take a Word - Moon

I grew up in the age of Hollywood musicals and loved Doris Day. Here is a studio picture of her (but not from the movie I am featuring). Does anyone else remember the 1953 movie: By the Light of the Silvery Moon? Or the song?

This is my entry for Take a Word this week.

8 comments:

  1. I remember it vaguely Faye but perhaps when I google it for a moment my memory is refreshed
    :-)
    Love the black & white as well !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do indeedy do!! Not only the song but the movie and its sequel. Doris Day starred with Gordon MacRae and they had a rather fiery on and off again romance, interrupted by WW1. In a way it was a movie before its time because the Doris character was feisty and not one to be put down by a mere male. I think the song stands up well in 2012!! Your picture is wonderful and it is so good to see you here at the challenges, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is fantastic.
    Wonderful work. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work! I remember this film very well. I must tell you that I am married to Doris Day's biggest fan! She could do no wrong!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful, I remember Doris Day, I saw her in TV when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.