Thursday, July 19, 2012
Play Date Cafe
The challenge for the Play Date Cafe this week is to use the colors: mint, soft yellow, coral, and tulip. I was fortunate in that I found decorative papers in my stash with just those colors.
The background patterned paper was run through the Sizzix using a SU embossing folder.
The top flower is from some wrapping paper I got while on vacation.
The center flower is some glittered soft butter color cardstock.
The lower flower is some patterned paper from a stack I received at Christmas.
I used a cream colored cardstock for the card itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


beautiful papers, both color and texture!!
ReplyDeleteSimple and effective!
OHHHH! GORGEOUS card--I LOVE that you used wrapping paper for one of the flowers! LOVE that glittered cardstock too!! FAB card all around:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)
ReplyDeleteps..THANK YOU for your sweet comment! HUGS! <3
I love the way you put things together. This is very sophisticated and yet looks casual. The kraft card in the centre really showcases everything.
ReplyDeleteJanet xx
Really beautiful Faye. Nice papers and combination.
ReplyDeleteLovely greet
Marja
Wonderful colors with great summer feeling, the textured background looks fabulous.
ReplyDeleteGenius and I love the recycling of your used wrapping paper.
ReplyDeleteSimply beautiful card in gorgeous colors my dear Faye.
ReplyDeleteWonderful work.
I wish you a sunny weekend my dear friend. xoxo
Gorgeous ambossing card and beautiful combined with the pretty flowers.
ReplyDeleteHugs Anja
✿彡✿⊱╮¸.•°
ReplyDeleteBelo trabalho!
Feliz Dia do Amigo!
Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
Brasil
✿彡
Love that watercolor flower - Great take on the color scheme - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/07/52-card-pickup-week-29.html
What a beautiful take on our color story, Faye! LOVE that gorgeous, embossed background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!
ReplyDeleteGreat take on this week's color story, lovely flowers! Thanks for coming out to play with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)
ReplyDelete