Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gothic Arches - Open Theme

This week it is a free and open theme for Gothic Arches. Mine is revealing what I did when my husband was away on a week's fishing trip.













Here is another one. It is all digital using my  watercolor painting of a petunia. The background is pretty involved. First I took closeup pictures of the pink hyacinths in the front yard. I digitally made the picture I liked best into a pattern. The pattern, duplicated, filled up a blank rectangle making a pretty background. But then I used 3 more of the same background, joined together to form a larger patterned background. I made the two arches from this background, one darker than the other.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun whilst home alone! :o) yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this template! great arch - love all the bright colors! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I did laugh Faye, before I enlarged this arch I thought they were fancy garters, was so amazed that they wonderful chocolate wrappers......brill Have a great week, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lavender flower arch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, you have been busy lately Faye! Your flower arch is beautiful and I bet your chocolate arch smells delightful!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tow beautiful arches, I especially love the second one. Hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faye you are so clever I wish I could do stuff digitally you make such amazing pieces of art, always a pleasure to see. Hope you had fun while hubby was away. Did he catch anything???

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faye this is beautiful, what an awesome way to produce your backing paper. Love it.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely bright colours to cheer on this dull day here
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol, looks like you had a great time home alone :) love the bright colours on your firs arch and the second one is just soooo beautiful!! Love your watercolour flowers and the beautiful background you've created!! Have a wonderful week dear Faye,
    hugs and smiles,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.