Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rainbow Lady - Take a Town, City or Country Break

This is my entry for Rainbow Lady's Challenge. Obviously I chose countryside instead of city.

I decided I needed to do more watercoloring. I have forgotten the basics since I haven't done any real paintings in so long. So today I got out my water color paints and paper and copied from an oil painting I did way back when.

I did make a number of changes so it isn't exactly like the oil painting. Besides, this is only about 4.5 x 5" and the oil painting is pretty big (24 x 30"). I have trouble thinking up subjects to paint so I think I will continue to use my oil paintings as a springboard.

9 comments:

  1. It's terrific, Faye! You didn't forget anything! I do watercolor too and I like to incorporate watercolor into the things I made because sometimes I get away from it for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá, amiga!
    Muito lindo e hamonioso.

    Bom fim de semana!
    Muita paz e saúde!
    Beijinhos.
    °º♫
    °º
    •*• ♫° ·.Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faye this is so beautiful ! I just the this rustic piece and doesn't look like you have been away from it at all this is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great watercolour Faye, it's lovely to re-discover a medium that weve not used for a while. Thanks for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge and good luck. Love Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Faye, it always looks so easy but not when I try! Thanks for joining in with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this painting of the old barn..thanks for visiting my blog today

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Faye. I could take a break in that lovely country side. Thank you for joining in with us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Faye, you're such a talented artist, this is stunning!Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just perfect Faye you are so talented. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.