Friday, February 19, 2010

4x4 Friday - Princess Raven


















Princess Raven's background is one that I finished today after starting it a few days ago. I had laid down some acrylic paints and sprayed with various mists. Then I put the card stock face down onto the puddles. After it dried I didn't like all the gaudy red and yellow so I rubbed white gesso over some of it to tone it down. Then I sprayed with various Moon Glow colors.

My castle and blue basket of flowers are thanks to Dover. The girl is one of Nan's freebies. The crown is a freebie from Graphics Fairy. The raven was the result of googling.

Other entries can be seen at 4x4 Friday.

15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Faye- what a sweet image of a young girl and her raven amidst the beautiful castle.Like a perfect fairy tale- lovely 4x4 art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collage Faye...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo, magical Faye. I love her castle and crown..you made a real art delight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely world for that pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it really looks like coming from a fairy tale book... great background, and what a wonderful castle you found!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! a lovely fairy-tale world for the little princess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant Faye I think you are so clever with the different techniques you use.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work, your background looks fab and lovely little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Faye, so enchanting, love everything about this creation. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, Faye!! Thank you for your comment...when you were talking about lacing up to get those figures I was thinking we would have to get bed posts first...to hang onto when someone was lacing you up...at least that is what they did in the old west movies! :)).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Faye, she's lovely! I'll have to show her to my three-year-old daughter who will be truly enchanted. :) Thanks for sharing your art this week. I'll have to also check out Moon Glow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty, Faye! I love the background and the images--very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.