Life is just a bowl of cherries is the theme for the So Artful Challenge. My entry has "anachronism" written all over it. First this background was a Dover freebie of a Monet painting. Second the cherry tree story in George Washington's life happened supposedly when he was a boy. Therefore, the picture of Martha Washington is certainly out of place and time sequences. But there you are. I had this drawing someone did of Martha (Dover freebie) that I wanted to use.
The lyrics are to the song Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries as sung by Rudy Vallee.

Old George and the cherry tree is what I first thought of when this challenge came to mind. I'm so glad that you followed thru with it. It is wonderful how you so cleverly put everything together. Rudy Vallee, OMG! I remember hearing him on the radio.
ReplyDeleteThanks for being Soartful this week.
Martha's dress is a beautiful thing, and the cherries seemed to take you on quite a journey!! Very nice, Faye, and your comments made me smile!
ReplyDeleteWell it is stunning anyway Faye, What you can do with digital art these days
ReplyDeleteI love your take on the theme. Lovely piece.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great piece of digital art Faye. Love the soft colors and the whole composition!
ReplyDeleteBoy, Faye...it's a long time since I have heard Rudy Vallee's name! I can almost hear the song. . . guess I am older than dirt, lol. I love your grand lady...very stately. Terrific how the cherries are just dripping from the tree. Love cherries, wish I had that tree in my back yard!! Beautifully created, dear friend! Hugs, Gayle.
ReplyDeleteMarvelous, Faye!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card, love the image... "PERFECT"!!
ReplyDeletexox doris
I love how you got this all together Faye! It is so wonderful the way each person can come up with something so totally different from the next! A beautifully created piece of art!
ReplyDelete