Friday, February 27, 2009

Art Creations Friday Challenge

I thought the image looked like a teacher from the olden days, maybe in a one-room schoolhouse. She looks like she's had a hard day. Maybe one of those older kids has been giving her trouble. The challenge for ACF this week is an interesting image.
In case it isn't obvious, that's a slate blackboard behind her.

16 comments:

  1. This is super! I think I had her for a teacher once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea Faye!! love the pencil behind her ear!! she seems to be a good teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this....I thought she looked like an ex-teacher, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quote and beautiful treatment of the photo. Great colouring, Faye. I love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic! I love the way you've coloured her and the story; and there'll be something for you on my blog in a little while.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wunder, wunderschön...
    great interpretation!!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is excellent, Faye - I love it. I thought she looked a bit like the old Grandma in Beverley Hilbillies - yep, I'm showing my age!

    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful example of tinting to bring life to an image! As a retired schoolteacher, I'm glad I left the profession before I looked like her. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye..Love it!!Glad none of mine looked like that though..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great. The pencil is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great! Love your interpretation, and I agree a good teacher does indeed teach from the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the colouring made her look different , she doesn't look so sad now more fed up.
    brilliant interpretation of the image

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.