Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gothic Arches - Vintage Children

Our challenge with Gothic Arches this week is to use Vintage Children. Here is an ATC I made from an advertising postcard I received in the mail. I get a lot of my clip art from Graphics Fairy and from Dover Publications. I'm not sure where this child came from but I love the image. Some of the flourishes are from a Purple Onion Designs stamp and some of them are hand-drawn.

20 comments:

  1. o Faye what a beautiful arch !
    its so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faye your arch is stunning..Just love the image and the scrolls look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you see the potential in mail that most would throw in the garbage. There is such a glow to this piece and the image of the child is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful arch, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Love the warm rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Faye, the colours are stunning! I, too, collect 'junk mail' that I save for (I hope!) for future use! You've been very busy since my last visit and I see another technique to try, waxed paper.
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background is so pretty. It almost looks like there is a spotlight back there! Super use of junk mail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Faye
    This is wonderful! Gorgeous background and image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is gorgeous.
    So wonderful arch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great arch faye!!! love the background!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, the warmth and depth in the colour is just fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my, Faye, this is gorgeous. I love the glow and warmth in this piece.
    I wish I had such niec junk mail!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the warm glow of your lovely arch Faye, such a cute little one too! You have a great eye for trash to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how clever! I like how you drew in the arch! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Fay, I love the gentleness of this card, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.