Monday, November 3, 2008

Tuesday CBH - Black and Brown

Tuesday's Challenge for Created by Hand is to use black and brown in our art this week. This 3"x5" Skinny was made by misting some off-white card stock with fuchsia Moon Glow Shadow. The Moon Shadow products have walnut ink in them. I then did a Sheer Heaven® transfer of my ancestor Sallie Rhea on the lower half. The top text was handwritten in black ink and is a quote from Charlotte Bronte: "The human heart has hidden treasures..."

11 comments:

  1. Oh... Faye I love your Skinny, what a great image of Charlotte.
    She is one of the best lady wrighters, who does not know her book about Jane Eyre en Mr Rochester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely card ,
    great background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi faye

    This is beautiful card!
    I like your stamp card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love moon glows. this piece is lovely and personal too

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quotation. It really does suit the whole elegant feel of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Faye, you do some great backgrounds, Jaqi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! It is vintage AND classy, really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up reading the Bronte sisters and every once in a while pick one up and read it again. This is a fabulous card. It looks very antique.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fortunate you are to have such a beautiful, personal photo. Your card is simply wonderful, Faye. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.