Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gothic Arches - silhouettes

Sunday's gothic arches challenge has as its theme this week: silhouettes. For my arch's background I'm using some paper I made with bits and pieces of pictures from magazines, tissue paper, etc. I smeared on different colors and wiped most of it back off. The silhouette is made with StaZon and Purple Onion and Rubber Stampede stamps.

25 comments:

  1. Wow... was für eine wunderschöne Arbeit.
    Mein Kompliment!!

    Liebe Grüße
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Faye , its lovely. I like the background very much. Jaqi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow brilliant arch.
    Stunning background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous backround!,Faye great theme loved it!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done, Faye! Another one of your great backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent. the simple silhouettes have really made the feature background stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful!!! love the silhouttes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Faye! I like your background very much

    Bettie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, the paper patchwork is really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful arch, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O O What a beautiful arch Fay !!! great image .

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely arch with a beautiful background

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Faye! Love how your background turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic arch, love it! Your background is just beautiful, you are so creative

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous background you have created, Faye, I just love your arch!
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific Arch, Faye, gorgeous silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You achieved an interesting background! It makes the arch so intereseting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great background with eye popping colours and a wonderful canvas for your silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Faye, this arch is perfect !!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Faye,

    I do hope you are very proud of that background because it is something special, well done.
    unusual Silhouette too.

    thank you for joining the challenge this week.

    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your work on all your projects. I have an arty blog where i add most of my own arches etc and i really love making them. Yours are inspirational, i shall save your page and come back lots
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great arch, love the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Faye - this is cool! Love your choice of stamps and colors!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.