Sunday, November 16, 2008

Craftaway a Sunday - Heritage

Heritage is the theme for Craft-away-a-Sunday challenge. Here is my twinchie of my maternal great- grandmother, who died as a young woman. Her sister married the widower and raised my grandmother, my great aunt, and my great uncle as her own children.

I have included a thimble and some yarn since that generation of women did a lot of hand sewing, crocheting and knitting.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Faye, this is a wonderful piece! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great twinchie - how kind of you to share a photo of your grandmother with us. Thanks for taking part, Seona @ CAS

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a mad family history addict I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like her, Faye! I love the old photos, fleshed out with a bit of family history. The addition of the thimble was a good touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faye that background is so lovely. Pascale :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is a nice piece of art, with a special history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the personal nature of this piece, Faye. So often we use photos and try to guess about the lives of those in them. This one is so lovely because you know that she was a sewer and wove that into the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment on my blog, I wish that I could work with paper, stamps, ect.I must say that you make really fine card, paper artist inspire me very must in my work with fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful ancestor to use in your piece of art! Thank you for the kind comment on my ornament challenge. I do so enjoy all your art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little lovely piece. It's interesting to read it's the photo of your grandmother. The thimble is great!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.