Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gothic Arches - Pretty in Pink

Twice now in a week I've needed to work with pink, a color I don't use very much. This week's Gothic Arches has as its theme Pretty in Pink. I used this piece of paper I made from scraps of computer paper and pink tissue paper. It turned out pretty, but I didn't realize how coarse it was till I tried to make this ATC. This precious image came from Dover Publications.
I forgot to say that the image was done on Sheer Heaven® and transfered to the handmade paper using alcohol.

25 comments:

  1. What a pretty pink ! I love the image Faye...and as for making the paper...brilliant! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the handmade paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work !!!
    love the backgrond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful atc - love the little butterfly on the hand of the child!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty arch. Your background looks wonderful-great when you make it yourself :)
    Thanks for taking part and for visiting my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Faye - this is beautiful! Love your image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty arch. Gorgeous design. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your arch really is a 'delight', Faye!
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye, this is again a very beautiful arch. I love the butterfly in the hand of the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. its lovley faye, I lost the first comment, so hopefully 2 wont show up lol
    well done, its a lovley peice

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the image that you selected. so precious. the texture is amazing also! beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delight indeed! That's what I felt when I saw your arch, Faye. It is soft, dreamy and oh so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Faye, your art always reminds me of a delicate, fragrant flower. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet, Faye--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet arch Faye. I don't work with pink much in September either but this week my blog is loaded with it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the texture is great and the arch as a whole just lovely

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.