Thursday, June 26, 2008

Theme Thursday - Favorite Holiday


I knew I had saved this alcohol ink background for something special. It just looks like Christmas to me. I had done this ATC for a Yahoo group challenge so I decided to make a 4x4 using the ATC on the green/gold background. The theme for Theme Thursday is favorite holiday and Christmas is mine. 
The red/burgundy one is a Skinny done on an advertising postcard, coated with gesso, then inked with various kinds of ink. I also used Winston and Newton's iridescent medium. 

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic Faye. Incredible piece. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautful faye!! love the boy on his sledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the textures on the top card are so intreaging...very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards. My fav is the red. Lovely background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Faye,
    thank you to say me that my link don't work !! Your card about winter and Christmas is very very beautiful ! but LOVE the first, the skinny, the color, the texture and the image are wonderful !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, particularly the sled one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I just might have to begin my Christmas cards early this year after seeing your very inspiring pieces. Love the snowflakes surrounding the little one on the sled. I also enjoyed learning more about you in your post above!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're both wonderful Faye...especially the sled one!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.