Created by Hand challenge this week has us busy altering something. I am a paper crafter so my first thought was to alter something paper. Then I saw the Altoids ® tin that I keep some tiny rubber stamps in. I put gesso all over the lid. When it was dry I misted on green, blue and butterscotch alcohol inks. Then I dribbled on some metallic gold ink. The mesh was already in place when I put the gesso on so it has been inked as well. The lace is some that I bought at a flea market. Now my tin for tiny rubber stamps is very fancy.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Altered Art for Created by Hand
Created by Hand challenge this week has us busy altering something. I am a paper crafter so my first thought was to alter something paper. Then I saw the Altoids ® tin that I keep some tiny rubber stamps in. I put gesso all over the lid. When it was dry I misted on green, blue and butterscotch alcohol inks. Then I dribbled on some metallic gold ink. The mesh was already in place when I put the gesso on so it has been inked as well. The lace is some that I bought at a flea market. Now my tin for tiny rubber stamps is very fancy.
Labels:
Created by hand
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's a great idea ! bravo Faye
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea faye!! love the way it turned out! beautiful tin to store your tiny stamps!
ReplyDeleteFaye this is beautiful! I can just see that this could be the beginning of some very pretty stamp containers:o)!
ReplyDeleteYour tin is beautiful! What wonderful colour you've created on it and the lace is a gorgeous finishing touch!
ReplyDeleteWonderful tin Faye! Great colours and beautiful lace
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea!!!
ReplyDeletelove your tin Faye..I have got loads of altoid tins that I need to alter as I love eating altoid mints when I do the school run!! thanks for your great comments on my blog
ReplyDeleteOh Wow this is unbelievable.
ReplyDeleteStunning piece. Love them.
A fabulous tin.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, and I love the lace.
ReplyDeletehello Fay, i must try that with my gesso thank you.
ReplyDeletechriss x
Your tin is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely !
ReplyDeleteWishes from Finland, Tiina
Oh, how beautiful, Faye. You must be thrilled with this.
ReplyDeleteRos