Sunday, June 22, 2008

Li'l Redhead and the Arch


About 5 years ago I created and developed this red-headed girl that I named Li'l Redhead. I have used her in cards to children and to elderly folks in nursing homes. She is a delight to me and has taken on a playful personality of her own. I began to draw her in honor of my beautiful redheaded granddaughter. I'm not sure that this really meets the requirements for Gothic Arches Sunday challenge, but I hope no one gets upset if it misses a little. The Gothic Arches team is themeless for this week so I am presenting this entry.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is gorgeous.
    Love this wonderful arch. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and its beautiful, Love the redhead ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely idea to have a reminder of your grandaughter in your work..great drawing and arch...the theme is open so I think we can do anything!! thanks for your lovely comments on my arches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Faye, she is indeed delightful. She sounds like she is just a part of you and I can see that when I look at her! I love your interpretation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Reminds me of a wee Pippi Longstocking! What a fun character! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so, cute, and perfect, I think, for Gothic Arches!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.