I am taking the challenge of deleting excess belongings
during the 40 days of Lent this year. Yesterday I took 2 tightly
stuffed bags to Salvation Army. They were filled with household
goods and with clothes I can no longer wear. Letting go
of some old favorites was hard to do. I even threw out stuff
besides gathering usable items for charity. I cut
a painting off a tee shirt my sister gave me in '88. It was the
most comfy one I've ever worn. But I had already repaired
the neckband, the sleeve hems and the bottom hem because
of fraying. It was tough to get rid of b/c my sister had painted the
image on it. So what did I do, I cut off the image and kept it.
image on it. So what did I do, I cut off the image and kept it.
Letting go is hard to do. Check out this link
to what I posted yesterday.
to what I posted yesterday.
The only art I did this last week is seen below:
pencil phone doodle
pencil phone doodle
pencil phone doodle
birthday card for my 100 year old aunt
![]() |
This was my Saturday's project in mixed media class, a WIP.
We painted and wrote on the pages, then lay down masks,
which we painted white over. Next Saturday we will
finish this up, I think. This is my entry for Paint Party Friday.
I also did a quick watercolor late Thursday.
I also did a quick watercolor late Thursday.
I also got this from an ad on FB. I loved it as a former
math teacher. I don't remember how to solve most of
these functions now but I appreciate the humor.
And lastly for a bit of humor all can enjoy:








I applaud you having the courage to discard and donate items that have meaning for you. I think it is wonderful that you cut out the painting from the t-shirt your sister made for you.
ReplyDeleteNeat phone doodles...nice faces, too!
What a beautiful stained glass look on the card for your 100 year old aunt...how wonderful that she has reached the century mark!!! Also a nice project for your mixed-media class.
Good thing that I know what numbers are where on the face of a clock or I couldn't tell time on the one above :)
Poor squirrels...but good advice~
Hugs
Hi there Faye, saving just a little part of something precious is a great way to have a clear-out, great idea.
ReplyDeleteYour doodles are lovely and must be fun to do when the mood strikes.
Your artpiece for PPF is looking great and your watercolour flower most beautiful.
Cheers now :D)
Your header is glorious, so lovely!
ReplyDeleteMore pretty faces and of course your lovely flowers!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGood for you doing a big purge!! I sent that 40 bag lent meme to my friend who gives up Chocolate. She is doing five things a day instead!! You could sew the painting on another shirt or a thick piece of unbleached cotton to preserve it! Wonderful faces and the flowers!! Congratulations to your aunt, that is amazing!! Longevity in your family for sure!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
"The only art I did this last week is seen below" means: No week without doing art! I LOVE this!
ReplyDeleteNice story of cutting a painting from an old t-shirt!
Funny watch, I like it.
Your pencil-drawings, watercolours and mixed media are charming.
Your header has a very good balance!
I think letting go is really hard too. I have some sweaters that I don't really care for any longer but my mom bought for me, and I have a hard time letting them go because I know she won't even get me another one. Maybe one day I will find the strength to get rid of those sentimental things. Loving the pencil doodles and the card. Wow, that is amazing to hit 100. Hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteDecluttering sounds like a good idea. I need to go through my cupboards and bookshelves. A good discipline for Lent. I'm glad you at least saved the T-shirt painting! :) Your aunt is 100! What a blessing! I love the clock, and the quote. May I use it? :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you to get some items cleaned out! A great Lenten project. I love your doodles, and really love the card you made your Aunt and love your watercoloring- wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWell done you. My challenge is no cakes, cookies and pudding. Your artwork is always great to see. Love the card. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteStudio KaufmannMarch 10, 2017 at 9:22 AM
ReplyDeleteI love your daffodil card. Yes throwing out things is great when its clothes but as soon as I donate art materials that are cluttering up the house I find I need them!
Happy PPF
I recently went through a phase of de-cluttering. My family thought I'd gone a potty, but it felt very liberating. Lovely artwork.
ReplyDeleteSometimes its really good to get rid of stuff. Nice work from you again this week. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeletelove that second pencil sketch and her thoughtful look. I am trying to declutter stuff too and give a lot to charity shops
ReplyDeleteenjoyed your pieces this week, great job on the decluttering, not easy as you said.
ReplyDeleteI know how difficult some of the purging can be. You seem to be doing a great job. I love that you kept the painted part of your special tee. And you've managed to get some lovely art done too! Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous faces Faye!! And what a beautiful card for your aunt, please congratulate her from me, I had a great aunt who lived to be 102.
ReplyDeleteAbout 2 years ago we started a big purge, which was a blessing, since later on we moved and it was less of a chaos because of all the letting-go. Yes it is hard, but once you get in the rhythm, it feels liberating. I used to do it every year when the kids were little, and I stopped when they got to high school letting the do it themselves (it didn't work quite as planned lol)
I'm going to show my son the clock, he is taking physics, tons of math and other complicated things in college, he'll get it too :oD lol
You have been busy. Letting go of the old and clearing out things is good thing. It lightens not only the house but the soul. Love all the art.
ReplyDeleteGetting rid of things IS hard! Thinking of all the sentiment or even all the money spent. But hopefully someone else can use them...those younger who are still accumulating while we are letting go so we won't have so much up-keep. I love your fractured daffodil. And your drawings while on the phone are amazing! Your 100 year old Aunt much have so many stories to share!
ReplyDeleteYes definitely, good idea, the letting go.
ReplyDeleteLuv the card for your aunt
Have a creative weekend
Much love...
I read about that challenge on Carol's blog last week, and thought it a very good idea! It's not easy to let go of past favorite things. Good idea to cut out the painting your sister did. I did the same with some favorite t-shirts of mine, and am planning on making a quilt with all the images. I admire your phone doodles! Don't think I could do that while talking on the phone ...
ReplyDeleteIn my current state of discernment, I got a good laugh out of your humorous quote. I like your phone portraits, especially the second one. Happy birthday to your 100 year old aunt. That's just amazing. Blessings, my Math Teacher and Artist friend!
ReplyDeleteHet is weer een mooie serie geworden van allerlei verschillende technieken leuk om te zien lieve groetjes Danielle
ReplyDeleteI always like your art. . especially the birthday card. I too have been downsizing (after I moved) selling fabric and clearing out what I don't need. I lost some precious things and would probably have them had I done this before I moved. Blessings, Janet
ReplyDelete