Thursday, March 16, 2017

And we thought spring was here!


Yesterday was so cold. I barely made it from my car to the
grocery store before turning into an icicle. I didn't want to
have to go through that again so I bought a knit hat from the
rack of leftover winter stuff at the grocery store in order
to get back to my car in the parking lot. So glad they had leftovers!

I made a few backgrounds using watercolor paper, watercolors,
and "cling wrap". Here are the backgrounds and how I
used them in greetings cards.


and one more card

and here is my journal from Saturday's mixed media class.

Thanks to Kristin and Eva artists around the world
can exhibit their latest works right at Paint Party Friday.


24 comments:

  1. Hello Faye, I've come across from Jan's blog.
    I was drawn to the wonderful colours I saw - pastel pinks, cool blues, a hint of yellow ... all mixed to create a lovely hue and thinking of you card.
    Lovely

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so strange to me that East Coast is having such a cold snap, while up here in the Rocky Mountains where we usually have plenty of snow, it's 70 degrees and sunny! I love the colors in your work! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous cards! Love the watercolour swirls! Your journal is beautiful too! Stay warm....we may have more snow this weekend. A rarity for this time of year in the west!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gorgeous cards, and the mixed media piece, too. Sorry it has got so cold there. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards and your mixed media art is fabulous.
    Have a happy PPF and weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colour in your work. Your journal page is fantastic and I'm sure your cards will brighten up someones day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty cards Faye and a fabulous looking mixed media piece! Stay warm and happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how just a piece of a whole can look so different and special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH FAYE THESE ARE MARVELOUS!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥ Love the colors you used on your backgrounds and the cards are just fantastic. Great journal spread too. THe weather is so fickled this year. We were at 15 degrees the first couple of days of the week and today in the upper 60's I'm beginning to believe that Mother Nature truly is Bi-Polar this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work Faye, and I'm so glad it's started to warm up here today, I've been so cold too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faye...I enlarged these and WOW...what gorgeous art!!! Fantastic beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello again Faye, just wanted to say thanks for your comment on the low carb diabetic blog.
    Yes when putting a comment on the blog Captcha can sometimes be a nuisance, but is necessary because of spam etc.
    Glad you persevered.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made beautiful cards out of those backgrounds! I always forget the great results you can get from using plastic wrap. I've never used it with watercolour, seeing your wonderful results really makes me want to try it. I also like how the black in your journal page makes the colours stand out. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving those backgrounds Faye. They make beautiful cards. Yup, we are back in winter too. Not a very happy thing when the first day of spring is only 3 days off. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. The weather has really been crazy all over this year, but glad you were able to stay warm on the way back to your car. I really like those watercolor backgrounds, but don't often think to make them. The cards look so much more personal that way. Your pretty journal page makes me think you are ready for Springtime. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Faye these are gorgeous!!! I really love how the designs came out and the colors your used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your beautiful water-colored papers and the cards are gorgeous. I enlarged the journal page to see all the wonderful marks, drawings, doodles and script. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice greeting cards. I try a few but they never seem to look good enough to share. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Most beautiful backgrounds. What heavenly colours! Big compliment!

    Here in Bavaria it was cold and rainy and stormy today, we wait for spring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are having some dreadful weather, aren't we? When will spring ever get here? But, there it is on your beautiful cards. So pretty. Anyone would love to receive one of those in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your cards and your journal pages are beautiful! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Faye, What gorgeous colors here today. You have reminded me that IO also need to make more backgrounds. I am running low! Have a lovely week!
    ~~Irene

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.