Thursday, November 3, 2016

Paint Party Friday

This week has really flown by, just like the tons of leaves
falling off my trees, some just brown not even yellow or red.

My visit with my daughter last week was much too short,
but it was absolutely a wonderful time for me. 
She repaired stuff, changed smoke alarm batteries, etc.
And I think she enjoyed the time here, too.

My contributions to Paint Party Friday this week are below:

Mixed media fabric in an embroidery hoop - WIP




My two watercolor versions of a sunset video by The Frugal Crafter:
One uses phthlo blue, pyrol red and new gamboge.
The other one uses  ultramarine blue, permanent rose, and hansa yellow.


A quick watercolor of a face:

and my cards that will be in the church bazaar this Saturday.
Proceeds go to the church's missions.


24 comments:

  1. such beautiful work,, so generous to give the proceeds to the church,, nice to have a visit with your daughter,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Particularly love the sunsets and the mixed media embroidery. So lovely! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Faye. I love both of the landscapes. So glad you had such a good time with your daughter. It is special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Faye, glad you had this time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects, all of them Happy PPF, hug, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. such beautiful work .happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love your sunset art, Faye, and the other works are beautiful, foo. You can paint and draw with various techniques.
    Have a happy PPF and weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow- such beautiful art from top to bottom of this post Faye! The landscapes are gorgeous. And so many beautiful cards-what a generous way to give to the church. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The card case will be empty on Saturday. What a great contribution for fund raising. Hope all the work will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your mixed media piece is so gorgeous! Can't wait to see how it ends up. Love the colors.
    Happy PPF
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sunset paintings and your hoop art too. Very bright colours! I think your card collection is lovely! Are those all hand painted or are they prints?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous colors!!! you have been busy!!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all fantastic!!!
    I like the colors! Cant wait to se4e how the mixed media on fabric turns out! Glad you had a good time with your daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous work Faye...love those sunset water colours! Glad you had such a nice visit! What a generous gift to your church your beautiful cards are...I hope you sell them all!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those sunset paintings are beautiful. I especially love the first one. I'm always drawn to the more vibrant colours. Did you paint that fabric yourself? It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both watercolours VERY much! It's like a walk through a wonderful region. The "fast" face-painting is an artwork! Congratulations for your card-exhibition in the church!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful work, Faye! Your cards are amazing and I'm sure a hit at the sale! It is nice to use your artwork to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your landscapes are gorgeous. Wishing you success with your cards. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice take on the embroidery hoop

    have a good weekend

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heel apart je eerste werk en je aquarels super mooi knap gedaan Faye lieve groetjes Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't that interesting to see both your landscapes and to see the effect of the different colours. They have so much depth, I love both of them.
    I expect your cards sold well.
    All your art here is really lovely.
    Glad you had a good time with your daughter, that is precious time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so glad I visited this week, late though I may be! Your fiber art and landscapes are particularly beautiful. I love the landscapes. Would you mind if I did a collage version of the scene? Have a lovely week.
    ~~ Irene

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful work, Faye. the sunsets are absolutely lovely. I am glad you had good time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the two watercolor sunsets. . . both so different and both amazing talent. Mixed media fabric in the hoop is totally exclusive. . you could teach that one. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.