Thursday, November 17, 2016

Watercolors and Mixed Media

Here is what we worked on in watercolor class this week.
I drew mine slightly larger than the photo the teacher provided.




Next I am showing my fabric in the embroidery hoop,
painted in mixed media class on Saturday. I am still not
finished with it. Getting closer.



Lastly, here is a rerun, except I have now added text.
This is one of the Christmas cards I am sending out.
I had painted the poinsettias earlier. Now I have 
printed it out on glossy paper to attach to cardstock.
I don't know where that black line came from. It is
not on the cards!  Joining in for fun at Paint Party Friday.

26 comments:

  1. Gosh, I love that tiger. Beautifully done! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art again, all so different, but each one lovely. Happy PPF. hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Faye, your Christmas card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiger has some human characteristics. On Facebook there was a nametest that showed how your face would look if you were a tiger :)
    I think the line on poinsettia card fits well - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tiger is very beautifully painted and it has a nice, kind expression, love it. The other art you show are lovely as well, Faye.
    Have a happy PPF and weekend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a favorite this week, since I like them all. That tiger is truly amazing; I am intrigued by your mixed media piece; and the poinsettia in your Christmas card is gorgeous. Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving day with all your loved ones, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tiger is gorgeous Faye but I also love your embroidery hoop painting along with your lovely Christmas card. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who can resist a tiger. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH FAYE ♥♥♥♥ So love the tiger !!! Your painted fabric and Christmas card are great too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your painted fabric is fascinating and I love your Christmas Card. That poinsettia is gorgeous. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful work, that fabric looks just gorgeous! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful selection. I love your tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work, Faye! Why don't I ever get around to making my own Christmas cards?!? Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Faye your water color art is just amazing. I have seen your work expand and evolve and it is a beautiful thing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tiger is fantastic! So is the embroidery and poinsettia Christmas card! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really lovely watercolor of the tiger, you have captured his serenity. Your poinsetta painting is absolutely glorious!
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning!!! Love your Tiger face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the fabric piece hapy ppf

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the fabric painting, reminds me of the world (I can see continents, flower where another one might be placed. . I'm sure we all look and see things different. Your work is fantastic. . yep the Tiger is Terrific. Great idea for the card. . . do you write your own message inside? Many Blessings, Janet (Thanks so much for visits and comments.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, you've had a busy week, Faye. I love the expression on the tiger's face, and the fabric you've been working on. The colors are lovely. Can't wait to see what you do next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your card. I know some people are going to be happy receiving that at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous art this week. I love your painted fabric and think the colours are wonderful and fun! I love the Christmas card too! So pretty and what a wonderful piece of art to receive in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! the tiger is wonderful-my favorite big cat! I am intrigued by your fabric, I am wondering how you did that???
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Faye je overtreft je zelf mooi hoor lieve groetjes Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow your water colours are amazing...this is wonderful...love your piece on fabric the colours with the gold very rich looking! Beautiful card too.. it really pops!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.