October 30 is the day before Halloween for most people.
To me it is the anniversary date for my dh's "homecoming".
Two years. Sometimes it seems like yesterday. I am
beginning to forge a new normal life. I am so thankful
he let me be me and encouraged me in whatever I
wanted to do. I am grateful to God for allowing us
to have 56 years together. I am also so thankful for
the friends I have made on Paint Party Friday. You
have helped keep me sane while allowing me to
learn from you. I love my visits to your blogs.
Below are some things that I have been working on.
The watercolor flower was used in a greetings card.
The first acrylic paint face is a WIP for Jo's class,
Below are some things that I have been working on.
The watercolor flower was used in a greetings card.
The first acrylic paint face is a WIP for Jo's class,
where Connie is helping us learn to do portraits.
the second one is something I tried on canvas.



I hope you're enjoying your painting as much as I am! (Enjoying your painting, that is!) I didn't realize that we lost our husbands so close together. My husband's heavenly birthday is November 19. It will be two years, also. Keep on exercising that gift of creativity. Our husbands would be happy to see us doing that! :)
ReplyDeleteBless you sweet lady! So happy you are able to commemorate his passing on this blog knowing we all care. It's a wonderful place to keep a loved ones spirit alive. I too can't believe it's two years already. You were fortunate to have a lasting marriage with love and support! I'm glad you are able to move ahead discovering new things about yourself. This artwork is just gorgeous...I love the flower and I absolutely love love love the new faces! Wow good job! Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteYour paintings are wonderful. The last couple of years much have been very different for you. Glad you had such a long time together.
ReplyDeleteYour work is beautiful. I am glad that you have managed to make your life good again. I know how it feels! Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThis day must be tough for you. But I hope you find the strength to stand strong. I know these anniversaries are hard- I know the day my dad passed is difficult for me still (after 11 years) and it has to be even more so for one's husband. Keep your head up and smile- it is always good for us. I also lvoe your art pieces this week too!
ReplyDeletelovely flowers and smiles
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF
much love...
Lovely work Faye, wow 56 years is a long time, glad you are finding a new normal.
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely art work. Happy PPF
ReplyDeleteThis anniversary is so different than 56 years of celebration. Art does have a way to heal the soul and is important to have in your life. This tribe at PPF is a truly special group of people, a blessing for all of us. Beautiful artwork this week Faye. Keep painting and creating beauty for the world to see
ReplyDeleteLovely flower painting and both portraits are beautiful. Like how you've painted backgrounds.
ReplyDeleteBlessings ♥
Bless you Faye!
ReplyDeleteThe flower is gorgeous! So are the faces.
Prayers and hugs...
Happy to read that you are slowly finding your way again after your husband's loss. I cannot even imagine being that long together with someone. It must have left such an emptiness. I've found that art can be very healing, and it's good that you find comfort in doing what you love. Your newest portraits are looking great already! Hugs to you dear Faye ♥ ♥ ♥
ReplyDelete. I haven't known you very long but I know I have seen you blossom in and through your art especially since I met you in the Saturday workshop. I'm so proud of you and admire your strength. I'm glad I have met you.
ReplyDelete56 years is an amazing amount of time to share a life with someone so I'm glad that you have been able to find strength.
ReplyDeleteYour artwork is beautiful and must comfort you... I haven't known you long but it's always a pleasure to visit here so I'm now your newest follower.
Have a wonderful weekend ;D
What sweet faces. And that flower is just lovely.
ReplyDeleteYou are so fortunate to have had 56 years with your dear supportive dh. It is a different life for you now. I am glad to have met you through PPF and look forward to your very distinctive and lovely art each time I visit.
ReplyDeleteHello Faye. Yes we are very lucky at this time to have this "Virtual" world, it is often a comfort to share with our blogging friends.
ReplyDeleteLove your bright flower and your portraits, especially the second one, she looks contented.
Your work and words are always so inspiring. I am glad you are enjoying your new life and new projects.
ReplyDeleteLovely flower! And I like very much the lady no 2 with such an exciting background.
ReplyDeleteLovely flower! And I like very much the lady no 2 with such an exciting background.
ReplyDelete