Thursday, October 22, 2015

PPF - Oct. 23

This week I started cleaning out my attic and found an interesting
folder from some conference center. The paper of the folder was
similar to watercolor paper but with big "pores". I did a couple
of small paintings on it to see if it would work. The results
are my entry for Paint Party Friday this week.

While tossing old greetings cards, I found this photo
nestled in among the cards. It is a 60 year old shot
of my future husband and me taken at a dance at
my college. I think I remember the dress was blue.
I know that I had had to borrow one.



26 comments:

  1. I can feel this strong but senstive watercolour-paper! I like it!

    The photo of you TWO is a jewel! SO charming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that waffle-y paper! Nice photo. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintings are fabulous, and that photo is a treasure, hanks for sharing. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous paintings, and the photo is stunning. How fun to come across such a treasure of a snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely couple. Great paintings, the paper worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful paintings, love the gorgeous flower. You are so happy looking in the photo.
    Happy PPF ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photo of you I LOVE it so much thanks for sharing your beautiful self!! Love how the water colours turned out too...the flower is gorgeous!! I was just saying the other day I love the treasures I find when cleaning!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paintings - so soft and full of texture. Lovely. Adore the photo. I'll bet that brought back a lot of memories. Thanks for showing us. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful couple you were. And that dress, even in lack and white is stunning. Formal wear has gone downhill I think. And beautiful pieces this week. I think that paper you found gave some interesting results. Cool how it has that natural texture. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Faye. Both pics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful memories, thanks for your sharing also of beautiful sketches; have a happy Friday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Water color seems so difficult for me, you make it effortless. These are beautiful as is the photo. You look so pretty.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your beautiful watercolors and the added texture from the paper. How wonderful to have come across this photo of you and your future husband. What a beautiful looking pair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work from your findings and what a beautiful couple you were, precious find!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful watercolours! I also love your header! And that picture is so endearing, you two look so lovely and happy together...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your soft watercolours and the photo of you and your husband is wonderful. What a glamerous couple

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Faye that photo is wonderful.You both look so glamorous and the dress look quite dreamy. I am sure it bought back a lot of memories... and the paintings turned out wonderfully as well. Nice find on the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Faye! Happy PPF! I love the texture of the paper with the paint. I always love lots of texture. That paper was a great find. The picture of you and your now husband made me smile. You both look so happy (great dress you borrowed). I have always wondered what 60 years of a relationship/marriage was like and how did you make your marriage last so long? Seems some people can do it and others can't. The picture is beautiful and thank you for sharing it. Hugs, Rasz #60

    ReplyDelete
  19. What lovely paintings! The texture goes with what you chose to paint and accents the art beautifully. What a wonderful photo, you both look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your paints loved this found paper! Such lovely paintings, Faye.
    And the flash to the past memory photo is so charming. What a sweet couple you were.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photo! And paintings too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your artwork is charming, and your picture is lovely. What a sweet couple! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wanted to tell you that I'm thinking of you on your two-year anniversary--Friday it will be one year for me without my Beloved. ((HUGS)) You have been such an encouragement to me. Amazing isn't it? I am grateful for you. Blessings to you, my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The picture of you and hubby to be is delightful. The paintings are wonderful. It is so fantastic to find something you did some time ago and it's still viable and great. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hoi Faye er is altijd baas boven baas ik was 49 jaar getrouwd jij even wat meer maar in goede gezondheid dat is het allerbelangrijkste geniet van elkaar en ik heb genoten van jou mooie schilderijen lieve groetjes Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.