Thursday, November 5, 2015

Paint Party Friday


I finished up my mixed media girl in Jo's Saturday art class.
Connie has been teaching us to draw faces. None of our
faces look alike, though, but the method is the same.



I decided my girl with the attitude needed a darker background
so here she is again for you to see.



Yes, another one of these flowers. I did 3 bookmarks
with these flowers on them to give to my 
cleaning crew tomorrow. They seem to enjoy 
looking at my art as they clean.



A quick watercolor to show friend Laura
how to make the trunk of the tree stand
out with a dark background.



A vase of cut flowers was sent to me by my
new and wonderful next door neighbors
on dh's departure anniversary.





23 comments:

  1. Nice faces! That was sweet of you to make bookmarks for your cleaning crew. :) Beautiful flower arrangement. Sounds like nice neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely faces and the dark background really makes them stand out.your flowers are always delightfully delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a joy to see your paintings! A lovely background to a lovely girl on the first piece. And so nice the tree and trunk came out in front of the darker baclground. Your flowers are beautiful. I'm trying to learn how to paint flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful paintings. Love the background you created in the first one. What a lovely bunch of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of beautiful work again this week, you have been busy. Good to have caring neighbours! Have a good weekend, Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great faces. I like the bandanna girl a lot. the background is great too. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great faces, especially like how you've painted the dresses.
    Happy wekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable faces and flowers!Happy PPF ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your art is so gorgeous Faye....I love watching you flourish! The flowers are so special you are truly blessed to have such good people surrounding you!! I am enjoying your wonderful style so much! Good job!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely portraits and flowers and such a thoughtful neighbour!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your portraits are so pretty and delicately rendered.
    What wonderful neighbors you have
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  12. what beautiful paintings Faye, and how lovely of your neighbors to present you with that gorgeous bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful colorful post! Your hibiscus has such a delicate look...lovely. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely Faye, I especially love your purple flowers. Also loved the old photo you shared of your husband and you at the dance, I love old photos like these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work on the faces, Faye, I like the patchwork-like background on the first.
    You always paint the gentlest, prettiest flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i really like your girl paintings with attitude..fab

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful artwork - and what a sweet neighbor to send you flowers!! Time to paint them for next week!! Happy PPF :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your art this week ! The girl with the attitude is of course my favorite :) Nice neighbors to send such a love flower arrangement ♥ They know how special you are ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful experiment-adventure-style , not being afraid to discover new dimensions!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Faye your faces are just fabulous!!!! I love the expressions.
    The flowers are lovely.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome work. So glad you enjoyed my faces class!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lieve Faye weer heel mooi gemaakt lieve groetjes Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your girls are looking great. Love the headscarf! That is so sweet of your neighbours, such a beautiful gesture ....

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.