Here is a 9"x12" painting I did yesterday using my water
soluble oil paints. I have only 6 colors and desperately need
to get some umber and some more white to paint anything else.
As anyone who tries to post paintings knows, the colors on the
screen are not true to the paintings a lot of times. This one seems
OK except the sky is too purple. It is what it is! I am entering
this in the PPF for this week. Last week I posted but did not
enter the challenge. If you'd like to see that mixed media work
I'm not really sure I have finished this. Any suggestions?

Love how you used the paints Faye, especially with such a limited palette. A great scene my friend. Enjoy the weekend, hugs Annette x
ReplyDeletehttp://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
Faye,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a wonderful job on the painting.
It is beautiful and I love the scene you painted.
I am taking a blog break as have company coming in from out-of-town tomorrow.
See you when I return.
Take care and have a great weekend
Smiles
In one word: Wonderful :)
ReplyDeleteWow. It is stunning. Maybe you can stick a barn somewhere off in the distance. A red one would add some nice color contrast.
ReplyDeleteIt looks beautiful, and I just noticed your blog picture, you look gorgeous my friend!
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful, looks so calm and serene. Valerie
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful Faye. Very peaceful ...
ReplyDeleteYour painting is really good. I love how you've created depth, both with colors and the landscape itself. This could easily be a scene from where I live. Lovely work.
ReplyDeleteVery nice... wonderful calm piece...can't to see what come out when you get more colors!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
Lovely painting, Faye, so peaceful and quiet and very sensitively painted.
ReplyDeleteLovely work!
ReplyDeleteI like the softness of the scenery, it's comforting and serene. To me it looks finished, I'll step right in it and have a rest.
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job with this one! It's so calming.
ReplyDeleteFaye this is beautiful. Your rocks are amazing. I love them!!! Does that mean we are rockets or rock heads? LOL Have a very nice weekend
ReplyDeleteNicole/Beadwright
Het straalt heel veel rust uit lieve Faye lieve groetjes Danielle.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work Faye!
ReplyDeleteI wish you a happy Paint Party Friday!
Smiles, Saskia :)
I love the rocks, they are the best I've ever seen. I love the painting. What does oil/water soluble mean? I would love to work in oil, but it never dries (according to my daughter who would prefer oil also). Thank so much for the comments. Blessings, Janet PPF
ReplyDeletethis is really beautiful Faye-such a soothing landscape. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteA happy PPF to you Faye and despite your colour limitations this has turned out beautifully. In fact I think the discipline of using such limited colours has strengthened the image. I know what you mean about colour photographs not being true to life, I always struggle with both colour and texture, neither translating true to life on many occasions.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful painting, I love this beautiful landscape!
ReplyDeleteI like the lone tree on the right side. It's got a nice sense of depth and the colors are lovely. Thanks for sharing it. If you work on it more, please show us how it develops.
ReplyDeleteI like this a lot, Faye. For some reason it reminds me of some of the landscapes I've seen during my trips around Mexico, so in my mind, your painting has kind of Diego Rivera look to it. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteA very intriguing misty and mysterious landscape Faye. A suggestion might be that, It seems to me that the pale purple mountains right at the back should be darker as it would help with the perspective? Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteLovely landscape I have never used oils and am just learning about watercolours so maybe in the future.. As to your question yes I do have a typewriter its a small portable non electric and love to use it in my art journal and my ICAD's. I got it when I was a teenager and it sat in my cupboard as one of those things that I could not get rid of.. I am so glad I kept it as over 30 years later it is getting more use now than ever..
ReplyDeleteThanks for the visit to my blog
Happy PPF
Sandy :)
Hello Faye, your landscape is quite lovely and gives me a sense of peace. To answer your question, I think it is done and wouldn't do anything more. You have pushed those six colors in a skilled way. Happy PPF.
ReplyDeleteI like this painting a lot. I like open and serene places out in nature. Maybe a couple of deer or some cattle in the field?
ReplyDeleteHi Faye, this is such a gorgeous scenery..makes me feel immediate peacefulness and lightness! There is a real meditative feel to this one..I could gaze for a long while...and slowly flow toward to distance...entranced..very very beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteShine on..this is fantastic!
Happy Summer, hope you are enjoying the flowers!
this is fabulous with a limited palette... I particularly love those mountains... remind me of where my parents used to live... I would put this aside for a few days and look at it before you decide to do anything else to it... it looks quite complete... xx
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard for me to tell another artist about any changes they should make - I like your landscape just the way it is. I guess my personal preference would be to add some "hotter color" (red or related) somewhere because it would really pop against those cooler colors. But - I don't know that it would "improve" your painting - it's only what I like to do. I love your mixed media work based on Pia Rom. I love her work and you captured it's spirit very well but without copying it.
ReplyDeleteI think it's lovely. It is peaceful. I have not yet braved doing landscapes.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF Faye. I think I lost my other comment but I think this painting is perfect. I love the blue of it.
ReplyDeleteI agree, love the sense of mood! It has a very serene quality. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful, has a lovely depth!
ReplyDeleteOooh, so you pulled out the oils, eh? :) I love what you've done here, Faye. The mountains remind me of where I grew up in NH. So lovely. I wouldn't change a thing about your painting.
ReplyDeleteA lovely and serene landscape with beautiful soft and soothing colors and great depth.
ReplyDeleteWith the limited colors that you have you've really managed to come up with a beautiful scenery Faye. It is subtle and pleasing to the eye
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend
this is a beautiful landscape…so serene!
ReplyDeleteSuch a peaceful landscape - wonderful painting, Faye! I like using a limited palette - it seems to give the piece good color harmony :)
ReplyDeleteIt is a challenge to paint with limited colors and you have done it exceptionally well!
ReplyDeleteDeepa
http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/
Lovely color and shapes. I could almost see a pair of fluffy sheeps on one of those further hills. But it doesn't need it. :)
ReplyDeleteNice painting Faye. Just looking.
ReplyDeleteGreat painting. I also love you mixed media piece in Pia roms style.
ReplyDeleteYour painting is really beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI think it looks finished - but if you want to do something with it, perhaps you should put a little bit of red or orange in the painting - just to make the green and blue colors pop a little bit.
Or maybe not.
Wow - this look like a postcard - love it thanks for sharing!!!
ReplyDelete