Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Card and some Eyes - PPF


This card was made by "painting" with distress inks on the inside 
of my new daisy embossing folder by Darice and embossing.
This is my entry for Paint Party Friday.


Eyes! I have been doodling eyes since I was in high school.
Maybe for you that was ten years ago. For me it was about
65 years ago. Today I found some in an old checkbook and
had to laugh. They look very similar to the ones I doodled
last night (seen here). I guess I am not improving any.
The checkbook was in my 1970s federal income taxes records.
(My son who was helping me shred stuff found some perfectly
preserved S&H green stamps but no book to go with them.)






41 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and the eyes are very pretty.
    Have a great weekend, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyes are wonderful. I like your Happy Birthday card. Your friend will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes are great! Whoever your friend is will really love that card. S& H Stamps! I remember getting all kinds of good stuff with those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the eyes are fun - interesting to see that you hold the same drawing interests now. Beautiful works, Faye. M.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eyes sketches have a very alluring feel to them. I don't know why, but I can envision a collage with the eyes and the green S&H stamps you found. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy PPF Faye!
    Great card - I like this softness.. and lol... you were and you are and artist .. that's the fact.. maybe you can use this "old" beautiful eyes in a new collage now...


    fabulous that they wer hidden and you found them now!

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - love the eyes, too. Perhaps your work didn't need to improve since the 70s because iit was just right, then! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is amazing that your style has stayed so constant... and that card is so pretty... I am a sucker for embossing... always looks fabulous...xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card. How funny that your eye doodles are similar to when you did them in high school. They look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely card with the flowers and your gorgeously made background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and I love those eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the eyes are really great! I hope I can stay dedicated to my art for that long and still love it as much as you do. I know a lot of my artsy friends who just didn't make time anymore and let their talents go...I hope that won't be me! lol Your cards are beautiful too!

    Julie
    http://www.artworkbyjm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is very pretty. Those eyes are beautiful. I don't think there is any need for improvement as it already looks wonderful.
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. these look like marvelous EYES to me and mine aren't failing yet!! and your card is BEAUTIFUL...lucky the receiver!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is a really lovely card Faye, and your eyes are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The eyes have IT. You don't need much improvement as far as I can SEE.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had found old green stamps too when I went through some things last year. Yikes! The eyes are gorgeous. The card is magnificent. I love how it looks with such love and character. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really pretty background. I have used one color ink on the inside of an embossing folder but it never dawned on me to use multiple colors. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the eyes show that once an artist, always an artist. No improvement needed.

    I remember green stamps. My mother used to collect them when I was a kid, but I don't think she ever saved enough of them to get anything.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think the eyes are lovely! Your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The eyes are great, and to keep ones style over such time laps is even better. Love your card as well. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Maybe you haven't improved because you don't need to improve. Your eyes are perfect. I love the lashes and they are so full of life. Lovely card too. Thanks for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Isn't it funny what you come across when you start digging through old things? I took an old ring to the jeweler's today to see if it was real or costume jewelry. My mom gave it to me years ago. He looked through his magnifying doohickey and said, "Oh! A genuine emerald and diamonds!" I had no idea. Your find of art from the '70's is "cool" indeed! :) I agree with so many here. Your eyes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think both creations look beautiful! Love the technique you used for the card. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card, Faye! And fun to find your early eye drawings! That is marvelous! I used too to draw faces everywhere, in books and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is dreamy and beautiful, those eyes are great too! Thanks for your comment and happy week-end to you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the eyes!!! I doddle eyes everywhere too.
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  28. It was admittedly not 65 years ago for me, but still more time than I'd like to think about (since high school). Yikes! I think the eyes look pretty great! I also doodled a lot of eyes. It was always trouble when I tried to add a nose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card - and your eyes are marvelous, Faye! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  30. what treasures to find, your work is beautiful, such beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card! Very sweet and soft. Your eyes are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. A gorgeous card and two wonderful drawn eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for your kind words Faye. Loving the card and those beautiful eyes. Hugs Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful eyes ... I guess you didn't need to "improve" on them since they're so good already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. love the eyes- and the card is very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. How can you improve on perfection? Love knowing that you continue to practice eyes. the distress ink card is lovely. I just bought a slew of them. Now to try using them. Green stamps--i remember them-- are great used in collage.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your beautiful birthday card, Faye. The flowers and colors are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just love what you did. The colors are amazing.
    Nice eyes. Full of life and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh girl I just had to hear shredding and get chills when a few years back I shredded 8 huge clear garbage bags of bills and such dating back to the 70's too... wow.. the eyes still look beautiful!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.