Friday, May 2, 2014

Paint Party Friday - May 2

Below are two items I "painted" this week for Paint Party Friday.
I played around with Melt Art Beeswax and Country Lane color
squares (from A. C. Moore's) along with some alcohol inks, distress
inks, and Caran d'Ache Neocolor II water soluble crayons.


Thunderstorm
The Sun after the Rain
I guess I am very conscious of the weather since my family in
Central Arkansas has been dodging tornados. We have also had
some really heavy weather this week.

Did you see my watercolor columbine? Here it is again:

and here is what I did yesterday:


and I finished it today:







36 comments:

  1. I love painting flowers! My favorite is the Columbine! Have a great weekend! patsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like someone has a bit of Spring fever...all the wonderful changes. Love your profile photo and wonderful scenic photo! Gorgeous artwork too!! Wow impressive! I hope all your relatives are safe...that weather is so scary...so much devastation!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Faye, love the backgrounds in grey. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work this week. The columbine is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the watercolours and the fab thunderstorm Faye. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paintings are beautiful. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what gorgeous paintings Faye ..I love this amazing watercolor paintings Faye !! Happy PPF!
    Happy weekend!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting technique, and I love your flowers.Happy PPF to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your distressed pieces Faye. I have only just got into art journaling and mixed media so lots to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful work this week! That first piece looks very interesting. Love your new header and your picture is lovely! Great hat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful projects Faye. I really love that thunderstorm one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh the columbine is gorgeous. I thought at first it was a picture. . .Great painting. I love your experiments. What a fun time you had. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, the flowers are just gorgeous! Super pretty paintings! Great art week you had :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so pretty and delicate Faye! Thanks for sharing your work. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love 'your sun after the rain'
    Bravo on all your works, they are wonderful.

    The tornadoes are very scary.
    I hope your family is safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your watercolors are awesome. Great job on the flowers, very pretty.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to see the variety of your work, and although each approach is quite different, every painting carries your individual style and says that Faye has painted it. I like them all but especially the first two and am fascinated by your first Storm abstract piece. It would be interesting to know a little more about how you created it, as I don't know the materials you used.
    Thank you for the lovely comment you left on PPF about my piece being featured.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The columbine is stunning! I especially love the Thunderstorm piece, which is wonderfully expressive. I almost can't stop looking at it! The palette is wonderfully atmospheric, especially with that unexpected salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely delicate painting of the Columbine. We have had terrible flash floods here in Baltimore - a street collapsed and lots of cars fell down over the side. I really love all the grays inThunderstorm and the cheerful colors in Sun after the Rain.Happy PPF! Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  20. An amazing amount of work -- I love the diversity of your talent. The mixed media pieces are engaging and the flowers pop from their backgrounds. Love the contrast of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoyed your post today. Thunderstorm took my breath away. Quite lovely. And I did not see your lovely columbine before. It also is stunning. Speaking of stunning, is this a new profile photo with a hat? Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful paintings! I am not sure what Color Blocks are, so must go check it out. The result is fabulous. Your columbine is my favorite... the ones in our garden are just starting to throw their heads up. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful creations! Especially enjoy your mixed media art!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love your abstract thunderstorm painting! great mix of medias and colors. Also loved the water color pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That thunderstorm is wonderful and of course - I love all the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your flowers are stunning! I love drawing and painting them too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. love these works of art, faye! hope you have a wonderful weekend and that your family is safe from the weather. xxo katie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love how you captured the thunderstorm. We did have some pretty scary ones this week. Hope all is well with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooohhh Faye I love your storm painting. I too enjoy working with the bees wax. It adds so much to a painting. Thank you for your well wishes

    Wishing you a happy weekend
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  30. Faye, they are so elegant and sweet!Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't know which I love the most. A beautiful collection.
    I love your header too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The columbine is my favourite with the contrasting green against the orange flower. There is a lot of depth to your background. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely works...the third and the last are the best :)
    Beautiful header pic too.
    Deepa
    http://www.deepazworld.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your paintings - especially columbine :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy PPF! Faye your flowers are truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.