Thursday, February 6, 2014

29 Faces # 8


This is #8 in the 29 Faces Challenge. It started as
a watercolor. I then applied one of the filters from
the Photoshop Elements to give her this speckled
look. For other entries see this site HERE.

I am also entering this in Paint Party Friday.

42 comments:

  1. Fun! I love the filter, the coloring looks like it should be on top of a cake! ♥ yummm

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the speckled look! Nice work Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faye, The proportions are perfect, and the speckles make her even more visually interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Faye. Love that speckled look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deine Gesichter gefallen mir sehr und dieses ist besonders ausgefallen. Fantastisch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photoshop has given this piece a great aged feel. I like the way you are approaching each day so differently Faye

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's easy to say 'I love this' but I really do think this is lovely and one to admire. She is serene and beautiful, and it is good to see the hope in her eyes. She looks the kind of elegant person one would love to have as a neighbour and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy to see the work of all the participants of 29 faces. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faye I am so impressed with your wonderful array of faces, AND YOU ARE SO UP TO DATE! OK impressed & envious LOL, well done & like the different styles you are posting too! Have a fabulous weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful face and love the effect you have achieved. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the effect you have achieved with the filter. Lovely portrait painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely and very interesting portrait! very nice work! Thank you for sharing

    http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool filter! And a pretty face! Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the effect you used! Really nice!!

    http://www.artworkbyjm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. wise choice of flter

    (◕‿◕。) have a nice Friday
    Much Love…

    ReplyDelete
  16. The speckles really add a nice touch, Faye...neat!!!

    Hugs
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful face - wonderful art work!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Impressive and unique!! Love this!! Great lips too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like this lady very much - love the speckles - like a veil or a filter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the technique used in this pretty face !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like this effect Faye, very interesting piece, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the speckled effect--and I just peeked over at your sketching site, wow! That's such a brilliant idea! Love your coliseum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very lovely Faye. Luv her face and luv what you did with the photoshop filters.

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Love the classic feel to this piece, and the speckle texture works wonderfully. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. She's wonderful! I love her hair and lips especially.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that speckled effect Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great face, she looks like someone from my distant past. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the effect this filter had. Great portrait x

    ReplyDelete
  29. You get a variation with this filter which makes it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful portrait! Interesting way for creating this artwork! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. oohhhh Faye this is beautiful. I love the effect. Very well done.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the textures! Of course you started with a great drawing so it was obviously going to turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ohh how cool is that?! Looks so fantastic with all the new added textures! Great :) http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de/2014/02/greenhat-girl-in-love-with-deer-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this filter effect. I've absolutely no idea of Photoshop.
    Happy PPF
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh I like that! I have also discovered the fun of playing with the paintings in Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The effect you have given is so beautiful to your lovely sketch.
    HPPF :)

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.