Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Painting for this Week

Here is my water-soluble oils version of Valerie's beautiful sky photo
Last week I showed my rough watercolor version. This is
a new medium for me. I'm learning.

Edit: new addition to post (below)


Here is my acrylic paints version of Valerie's beautiful sky photo.
I found that painting in acrylic paints is not as easy as painting in oils.
The problem was not the fast drying; it was getting things to not look like "paint by numbers."
I'm not sure I succeeded but experience tells me to stop when it looks half way decent.

I may get to do more painting
this week. If not this is my entry for the Paint Party Friday.

37 comments:

  1. terrific scene Faye and working with those water-soluble oils are great. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful Faye...it looks like you have already mastered this medium
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowhhh, your blog is wonderful and your works is very beautiful, congratulations. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super landscape - you have mastered the water based oils already!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Faye......your paintings are beautiful! Wow!!!!! You are doing amazing work!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both versions, the water soluble version is my fave. I too find acyrlics difficult. Practice I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faye both look beautiful, you are doing great!
    Have you used a medium for the acrylics? always add to it, makes them more like oils... and also for oils I add a medium to speed up dry time :oD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pieces, really like the top one; such a softly mysterious atmosphere! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Both are wonderful! I love the colors you used, cozy and relaxing. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both paintings are gorgeous, very well done! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's interesting to see the difference between the two. The oil painting is really softlooking, while the acrylics version looks much more crisp. I like them both tough, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always so delicate. I do enjoy them. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowness..so gorgeous Faye..these are both such great beauties..such strong pieces..elegant..uplifting and full of nature's radiance and natural beauty!The brushwork is magnificent! I love both..brilliant work! Thanks for this visual feast!!
    Wishing you a happy wkd full of sparkles and joy!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the watersoluble oils version of the painting, very nice! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Faye

    Great work.... I clicked on them to get a larger view. I love them both but I prefer the softness of the oils. Great idea to try out both mediums on the same subject :)

    Have a great weekend

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I'm finding that I am liking the w/s oils - do you?

    ReplyDelete
  17. So interesting to see the two different versions. They're both lovely. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both paintings are gorgeous. I want to be so talented like you, Faye.
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  19. Came back as didn't realise the second painting had been painted in acrylics. You use both mediums so well and have created lovely painting. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  20. they're both such lovely paintings Faye-I do love the acrylic piece especially.Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful- I love the soothing feel of these- definitely places I would love to visit!
    Happy PPF,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Simple, natural beauty and peacefulness...lovely, Faye~~~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful oil art work ~ love the landscape ~ so serene yet strong ~

    Carol of: (A Creative Harbor)
    visiting from PPF

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fascinating to see the difference in the media. Both are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful landscapes Faye, the oil has more of an antique effect from here. Surprising that it dries faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the acrylic paint that was fast drying, Christine, but that wasn't the problem I had. The problem was that the acrylic painting looked like a number painting. The water soluble oils do dry faster than regular oils but it will still take some time for it to set, I think.

      Delete
  26. You're a fast learner, Faye. I like them both, but my favorite is your acrylic version. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i've never heard of water oils! you did a beautiful job on both paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Faye they are both pretty awesome... acrylics take some getting used to but nothing beats the glow of oils... and the smell always makes me feel like I am back at college in the studios... for years we all smelt like nothing but paint, so it always brings back wonderful memories of the time... thanks for the reminder ...xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both paintings are wonderful - I also love the softness of the oils. Keep telling myself I will try those one of these days. HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really lovely Faye, and absolutely not PBN effect at all! Rest assured! HPPF.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Interesting...I always felt acrylics are easier for me...but guess it's what you have the most experience with...I have stayed away from oils because my first try was a disaster. You've done brilliantly with both your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like both your paintings. I have never painted with oils (they scare me a little) but I really love the challenge of painting with acrylics because they are so fast drying. x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Impressive work Faye!! Really pretty!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love both versions Faye. Love how you are able to achieve results that are so wonderful to behold. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Both of your paintings are really wonderful Faye!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.