Thursday, December 6, 2012

Homemade Stickers from Watercolor Flower Painting

A couple of years ago I painted this poinsettia with watercolors. I needed some stickers this week to use in our craft club at the nursing home. I took my poinsettia, reduced the size with Photoshop Elements, and printed them off on a sheet of big labels. the downside was that I had to cut them out by hand, but it was worth it. They were a big hit. It's Friday and time to visit the talented artists at Paint Party Friday.

27 comments:

  1. Soooooooooooo beautiful Faye.
    Gorgeous drawing.

    Have a lovely weekend my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! I bet the ladies loved them.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely and what a good idea!

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, they look lovely and very seasonal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully painted Faye and such a great idea. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Faye! Your poinsettia is so pretty and the stickers you created from them are just lovely. I also wanted to thank you for your kind and thoughtful comment on my bells, sorry my reply is so overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faye, you are very talented , I love your poinsettia water colours and how you turned them into stickers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so pretty, Faye. So glad to hear how you serve our Lord by working in a nursing home. I have no doubt you are a great blessing to many. Praise Him.
    Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. Your kind words are always an encouragement. God bless you.

    Coleen, back in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! ~ Very creative ~ love them ~ not a fan of poinsettas but these are wonderful! ~ (A Creative Harbor) aka (ArtMusedog ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ✿✿°•.
    Essa flor é tão lindo por causa da harmonia das cores: verde, vermelho e amarelo. Bonito trabalho.

    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil
    ¸.✿°°•.¸.¸•°♡⊱╮╮

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faye, these are so beautiful!
    Love them!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  12. how very creative, the poinsettias look fabulous!

    http://cmlk79.blogspot.ca/2012/12/paint-party-friday-tequila.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful Faye! Lovely. makes me want to have one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and seasonal Faye.... I can see why they would have been a big hit with everyone.

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant crafty idea! I love your stickers :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! These would be great to add to Christmas card envelopes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is such a clever idea - They look fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully done - and nice design work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is such a fantastic idea! Love your poinsettia painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whew, reduced size, thinking these were water color at that size, No Way would I do That. Great and creative idea. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.