This is a background painted in acrylic paints with some rubbing gold wax added. I outlined some parts with white gel pen. After painting a couple of things and rubbing them back off, I decided to smear some gesso over part of it. Then I digitally added the scripture given to us by Word Art Wednesday.
Just on a whim, I used my Photoshop Elements to invert the colors. This is far more dramatic than the original coloration. I am entering this in Word Art Wednesday. This is the only painting I have done this week since I'm busy wrapping Christmas gifts for mailing and writing notes in my Christmas cards. So I am also going to enter this in the Paint Party Friday #38 too.

How very creative, Faye! This is a beautiful use of the scripture and it blesses me to see you use it so creatively! Thanks for sharing this pretty and inspiring piece of art in our challenge this week. I hope you're having a blessed week, and that you will join us again very soon. What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteKaren L
Word Art Wednesdsay
A wonderful background here Faye and the finished piece with the scripture is gorgeous! xx
ReplyDeleteWonderful background with lots of texture, the white gel pen and the rubbing wax work really well. I have rubbing wax and always wondered what to do with it - now I know!
ReplyDeleteJanet xx
Magnificent background, the texture is grandiose and the text is fabulous to this.
ReplyDeleteGroetjes Anja
I love the texture and the colors are just right! :-)
ReplyDeletewonderful FAYE! I love this!
ReplyDeleteDo you know
http://dianemarra.typepad.com/
I love her work too!
Loving the great textures and words, fab colours as well. An early Happy PPF Faye, xx
ReplyDeleteLove the art work ~ lots of great texture and colors are great! (A Creative Harbor) ^_^
ReplyDeleteoh that sounds like a fun challenge!!! love the piece you created Faye....gorgeous colours and textures!!! and lovely words!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your background and the scripture fits perfectly.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful background, Faye. Love the texture on it.
ReplyDeleteLove all that yummy texture and the teal and bronze colors. Beautiful quote. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful textures. Makes me want to reach out and touch it.
ReplyDeleteThis is so wonderful Faye ... "I love it"!!
ReplyDeletexoxo doris
Love the texture and the addition of the gold wax!!
ReplyDelete♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art
lovely word art mixed media piece today Faye! Very creative work too.
ReplyDeleteYes I also liked the addition of the gold wax.
ReplyDeleteLovely textured background Faye! And lovely are the words. Enjoy your gift wrapping! :)
ReplyDeleteYour painting makes a wonderful background. It's really fun to see how you used your painting to create a digital piece. It's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove the way the colors mingle together! Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteFaye I love this work, I think I see a heart in there too!! Probably because it's created with so much love!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy preparing for the season!
Hugs Giggles
Totally fabulous Faye..such an elegant and decadent piece..shines with such beauty..I love the shimmer it carries..and the texture as well..so gorgeous!! Marvelous!!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a beautiful wkd!
Victoria
Lovely colors and scripture. Looks like you had fun doing this. :) HPPF
ReplyDeleteThe texture looks so dimensional. Very expressive.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work, This is just lovely!
ReplyDeleteI love the colours and textures of this Faye and the scripture.
ReplyDeleteWell done you being so organised and wrapping already..... I did write my cards yesterday .....
Have a great week.... hope you get time to do more painting this week :)
Karenx
This is beautiful--love all the texture!
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF (late ;)