I tried to make my tag using mostly Tim Holtz materials so it would qualify for Tag it On challenge featuring Tim Holtz.
My substrate is watercolor paper which I laid down in a puddle of Ranger Distress reinkers: sage, lavender and mahogany. It made a lovely rose color. I had not intended for them to run together to form a single color, but I like the result.
I used sequin waste with the sage ink and some Ranger music tape.
My flower was punched from a McGill flower punch and the leaf from a Fiskar punch. The petals are Ranger alcohol ink. the leaf is Distress sage.
The flourish was drawn on cardstock and cut out and then embossed with Ranger Superfine gold. "Friend" was handwritten with a Papermate erasable pen (EraserMate) and embossed in the gold embossing powder.
My final touch was to run a little Ranger diamond Stickles around the center of the flower.
Edit: I again forgot to use a stamp. I don't do stamps very well so I don't use them as much as I should. Anyway, I have both versions here. The "dear friend" stamp is by Stampin' Up.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.