Monday, January 17, 2011

Take a Word - Butterflies

This is the first time I've entered the Take-a-Word challenge. I'm trying to use my paintings in my mixed media entries, and this watercolor iris is one of mine. The two butterflies are png images I made from photos of my glass suncatchers. My beautiful custom watermark was designed by Doodle Pantry.

22 comments:

  1. A glorious painting, Faye, and what a clever idea to use a picture of your butterfly suncatchers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful painting, you're very talented, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Faye and special because it uses your terrific artwork. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the colors in this one are just gorgeous, Faye. Your watercolors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful creation, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful painting, such lovely colours!! Love the butterflies too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. greatcolours and lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous work, Faye! Such uplifting colours and a wonderful painting.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous painting Faye- the flowers and butterfies become one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful painting and love the butterfly images in it. Glorious Faye! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exquisite, Faye, what a wealth of talent you have been blessed with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faye, your artwork is always exquisite but this one is breathtaking. Absolutely beautiful in every respect - colour, design and, of course creative skills. Fantastic.

    (PS - I remember the song from the sixties but I researched it on Wikipedia and it was a hit in 1917 and recorded by many singers over many decades. The ones I remember are Sarah Vaughan and Frank Sinatra. Deanna Durbin recorded it in 1941!! (not that I was even born then - well, not quite). The song is about Madame Butterfly from the opera of the same name. It more or less tells her sad story).

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow that´s awesome! ANd I love your music themed card too!
    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous work Faye. this is really beautiful
    have a great day
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful painting, and the butterflies look like stained glass windows! Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful painting and the butterflys add beautiful movement.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wooooow, wonderful painting Faye!!

    xoxo doris

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.