Thursday, June 8, 2017

Mixed Media Again

 I'm still in the reading mood, not painting.
In our mixed media class we started painting backgrounds
for the Art Abandonment Project. I probably won't be leaving
my "art" anywhere for people to pick up but I did do the painting.

Here is what I painted for my background.



I then cut two pieces from this and glued them onto
some advertising cards I had gotten in the mail.
(see lower center and left of the above photo)

At home I added the scraps from magazines and gel pens and got 
these 2 pieces of give-away art for the Art Abandonment Project.

Thanks to Eva and Kristin each week for providing
this platform for artists to show their works at

19 comments:

  1. Love the background and the two projects. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful background for several themes and forms. I like the woman sitting on the floor being friend to the flowers.

    Have a lot of joy reading books in the summer-air!

    You really produce finest "Adventures in art"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background Faye. I love how you can cut it up an use it as backgrounds. Its a smart way so that you don't have to start from scratch each time you want to make a card or a journal page background. Happy Friday! And hope its happy weekend too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely art you created for the project with the beautiful background Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art that you created. Have a good weekend. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh simply marvellous Faye! I enjoyed seeing your gorgeous art. Cheers and Happy PPF :D)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faye, this is quite inspiring. These are lovely and I keep threatening to do more collage...but don't. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. marvelous background Faye and I love your collage and doodle art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those. Glad you are still dabbling in your painting while you are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your mixed media art! A lovely background and such a fantastic outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice finished pieces, luv that you shared your process

    Happy PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea, to start with the background, and then cut and paste for the give-away! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely paper and projects you painted.
    Happy weekend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are lovely.I'm such a novice, I am always impressed with others' work.
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I understand your reluctance to abandon your art for others to pick up. I did that with books, but didn't really feel that others understand what you're doing. I don't know. It just feels a little strange. I'd rather give the art to someone I'm sure would like to have it. I've been in more of a reading mood also, but I've committed to painting a small canvas this month, so I'll try to work on that. Happy reading and painting (if you feel like it)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look beautiful! First I've heard of art abandonment! I don't know how I'd feel about doing it! It might be fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The one with the woman looks so pretty! So is the Dream too.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.