Thursday, June 29, 2017

Happy Fourth of July

Wishing all the US folks a happy holiday. Some of you
will be getting a long weekend. I don't expect to do anything
special although in years past I have enjoyed band concerts
and the fireworks that followed.

My art life is in the pits. I only did a few doodles,
which I am showing below. Thanks, Eva and Kristin,
for making Paint Party Friday possible.




15 comments:

  1. Very nice doodles I hope you can start back with your art classes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your makes. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your doodles and I don't do anything for the 4th either, I have pets so I stay home and babysit them through all the explosions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they're great doodles-if you can call them doodle. So your art life can't be totally in the pits. Happy July 4th weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. what lovely doodles Faye. I do hope your art comes to the forefront again soon. Happy PPF and happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dog days of summer? I think it hits us all from time to time. Love your sketches. Have a nice 4th. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little sketches! I think they're really cute. At least you're still creating though I hope your art doldrums pass soon. We've all been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still beautiful sketches Faye and I love your banner too!! I am on a bit of a lag myself..so I switched to digital!! Thankfully I had something done ahead!! Have a peaceful holiday!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely portrait sketches ~ creating is a bit like the weather ^_^

    thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these faces! If "the pits" look like that, I want some too! lol
    We used to do more stuff on the 4th when the kids were little, but now I just see them from afar, and I do hate the smoke of the firecrackers! ;oD
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I love the brightness of the QOR's too, I might be persuaded to switch a few of my brand colors to these over time. We'll see! Your portraits look great, portraits are one of my phobias in art, lol. Have a wonderful fourth of July, canada has it's 150th on the first! Gotta go paint a flag, all I need it RED. Hehehe. Are you joining World Watercolor Month on July 1st?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't call these doodles but very pretty sketches! Looks like your art life is still going strong :-) I also have these periods that I do less art, but I read somewhere that it's necessary and normal for artists to have that, it's in these "down" times that we charge our batteries and develop new ideas. Enjoy your 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these faces! They are so lovely and charming. I'm sorry the captcha was difficult, I have it set as off in my settings but sometimes it does it anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  14. You may say you are in the pits but these three pieces of artwork are brilliant. Have a great 4th July celebration which ever way you decide to spend the day :D

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.