First off, let me thank all the kind people who offered me
their sage advice in dealing with a different kind of diet.
I tried the delicious recipes, ate lots of salads, went red meatless
and dairy free for two weeks, lost about 4 pounds, and feel better.
The good news is that the blood test for Alpha-Gal allergy was
NEGATIVE.
I have no idea what the hives were caused from and I am
sure I did not imagine them. Red spots and itching/burning
really happened. The good thing is that I actually began
to enjoy eating lots of veggies and fruits and I hope
to continue doing that. So thank you, dear friends.
I did not do much art this week and none last week.
I am in my reading mood, not painting mood.
Here is all I have to offer.
The start of a spread in my journal in mixed media class. We
began by doodling over both pages. Then I took off on my own
began by doodling over both pages. Then I took off on my own
using my metallic gelatos. This doesn't show
up well because of the sheen of the gelatos.
Then Thursday night I did this watercolor painting of a lily.
The photo I used was taken by my niece and used with
her permission. Thanks to Eva and Kristin for hosting
and giving us the opportunity to enjoy lots of art.


Loving the gelato softness.
ReplyDeleteContinue to feel better!
I am so glad you are feeling better. Hope you tried the veggie burgers. :) Your can crumble the veggie meat and add to different dishes like omelets and sauces. OK, I am always so impressed with your art. You have such a beautiful talent.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful art and glad you are feeling better. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThese are really very good news!
ReplyDeleteThe flowers you painted are wonderful! Amazing background, too!
Sorry to hear you have had some medical issues but it sounds like you are getting back on track. All the best.
ReplyDeleteLove your artwork, especially that lily. :)
Happy PPF!
Beautiful pieces Faye, so glad the new diet's working for you.
ReplyDeleteWow, I am just getting over a bout with hives. Mine were caused from using Avon Skin So Soft. Who knew? They are clearing up but after taking lots of Benedryl. Love your watercolor lily:-)
ReplyDeletelovely art Faye. Glad you're better. It can be pretty tricky finding the cause for hives and it can be brought on by something different in everyone. Let's just hope they don't come back. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteOh Faye- I missed last week and didn't hear about your hives. I can relate. I used to get them chronically for months on end with no apparent cause. This could go on for years. Finally my allergist realized it had to do with when I got my period. Now that those years are gone, luckily my hives haven't been around for awhile. As they say- sometimes you never know what triggers them, so it is good yours are gone. :) I love all your flowers this week. Your metallic page is really gorgeous. :) Enjoy your long weekend-without your itches. Hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteOoh - I love your red flower. It's beautiful! Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful spread and lovely flower, Faye.
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend 💕
I had no idea (I twisted my foot and felt the tendons pull so I missed a week too). Thankfully, sounds like you are on the right track. I love your art. . .you are one of my inspirations for all art. Blessings, Janet
ReplyDeleteIt must be spring, your blog is blooming! Your flowers are lovely. Happy PPF
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Lilly and very nice journal layout. Sorry to hear that you have had a reaction. Has happened to me more than I can count and I still don't know what foods caused it. Such a bummer to go back to square one. Hope you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteKate
The Lily is my favourite today. Happy you are eatingand feeling better.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF
much love...
Love your paintings ♥ Sometimes I get in a reading mode and no art gets done then too. Hope your hives stay away... I get them and usually never know what triggers them .. am annoyance for sure .
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you enjoyed the different eating plan. It truly is amazing how nice it is!! Lovely flowers...love the metallic too!! Sometimes we need an art break and reading fills us up!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
It's a good thing the allergy test came up negative. And even better that along the way you started eating more healthy foods. Keep going at that! Love your flowers!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear the allergy test came back negative! Enjoy those fruits and veggies! :) I know I'm in more of a reading mood right now than a painting one. I think I'm procrastinating, lol.
ReplyDeleteHello Faye, such good news about your allergy test.
ReplyDeleteYour artwork is lovely, the background has a beautiful feel to it and the lily is beautifully painted.
Enjoy your reading as well - it's always beaut when you find a good book. Cheers for a great week :D)
Ooh I didn't even know there were metallic gelatos, I'm going to have to look out for them! Love the piece you made with them and happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteik vind dat het er erg mooi uitziet vooral de kleuren combinatie lieve groetjes Danielle
ReplyDeleteBetter eating habits and your gorgeous and beautiful artwork...you are so right Faye...Good News all around, :)
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs 💝
I too feel encouraged myself when reading your blog. I too will have a try on it to reduce my weight.Congrats for your effort:)
ReplyDelete