Thursday, February 23, 2017

Lots of Painted Papers

In Saturday's class we did a community painted paper sheet .
Then the teacher cut it into pieces to divide among us.
The following pieces have a little of me as I added my touch.






Then I did one on my own, see below:



In watercolor class Monday the heron was the class project.
I finished early and also did the other two paintings.




And lastly I am showing a card I made using a die cut made
from the beautiful Tim Holtz die. Entering all of these in


26 comments:

  1. You've been busy this past week. I have not done any art at all,and so I am jealous. I love the new blog header and your heron is fantastic. Makes me think of a warm summer night. :) Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Faye, a community piece is always great fun - I really like your section.
    Wow, the heron watercolour is most beautiful - a real sereneness to it. Plus the wavery reflections - lovely, puts in mind a gentle breeze blowing across the water.
    Your extra paintings are delightful too.
    Cheers now and Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages and I love your heron! The card is fabulous too, love the way you have angled it!! Great variety Faye!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Faye!!!! the water color of the heron is simply stunning. I can't take my eyes off of it. Interesting classes you take. Love this idea of a community piece then cutting it up to share. Looks wonderful. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your heron is spectacular! I actually thought you'd put up the photo first. We had a heron who used to use our pond for fishing. It was a man made pond in the center of our building complex and the owners put in goldfish. Our heron would perch on the old boat they moored in the center and peer into the water looking for dinner. The only problem was he had his back to the setting sun and all the goldfish could see his shadow reflecting on the water so they stayed under the boat. That heron would have starved if there weren't nice people who brought bird food!! Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Faye! Interesting community project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your watercolors are exquisite, especially the heron. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You certainly got a lot done this week. Your papers are such pretty colors and I love the mark making. Your reflections are spot-on! I love the colors showing through the cut-outs on the card. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Großartig, ich bin beeindruckt.
    Herrliche Wasserfarben!
    My contribution...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work, and my fave has to be the lovely heron. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, peaceful work! Love the herron painting! His form is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting community papers and your own is beautiful.
    Love the delicate paintings and the card, too.
    Happy weekend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great creations, really love the heron painting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love that fun background and the heron is so peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the painted papers. Your card is lovely. But the heron is my favorite this week-really beautiful painted scenes. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely art all around! I especially love the landscape and the heron. So pretty! Community art is always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Faye, your artwork is always so beautiful!
    I love the Heron, Cattails and Landscape...wonderful~

    Happy PPF
    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Over at Creativebug I've been watching videos on making mixed media pieces. It takes so much patience to do all those layers! That might be beyond my scope, lol. I like what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your watercolors are wonderful. So Peaceful ♥♥♥ Great card to and the community class project is great. HAve a great week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice pieces Faye. Have a good weekend

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the painted papers and the heron painting is so full of atmosphere. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, my goodness! How talented you are. The heron painting just fills my eyes--which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun way to work! Love what you did with your pieces. And the delicate watercolors are beautiful ....

    ReplyDelete
  24. All beautiful. I love the minimalism of the heron painting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! You have definitely had an artsy week! I like the idea of your class all painting one sheet and then cutting it up and making it your own. So Beautiful. Your heron and two other paintings at your watercolor class are beautiful. I have been wondering why you are taking classes...you have so much talent! And your final share, your card, is beautiful too! Great post, great art! Hugz, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
  26. The community piece is really great fun and I love all the loose drawings in it.
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.