I've been trying to get rid of some of the stuff
that has been inhabiting my closets, things I
haven't used or even seen in decades. So I
did not do any art this week other than what
we did in Saturday's mixed media class - painted
papers using newspaper inserts and acrylics.
I am entering this in Paint Party Friday
.

Some wonderful layering and I really like the black contrasted against the colors!
ReplyDeleteNice!!!
Faye, this is gorgeous!!! I recommend that anyone viewing this colorful piece of art to enlarge this photo and see all of the great details~
ReplyDeleteHello Faye, Beautiful colours and composition. So enjoyable to view. Happy PPF :D)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work, I need to empty some closets here, too! Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteIt's good to get rid of nonuse things.
ReplyDeleteYour page is interesting and beautiful, Faye.
Happy PPF ♥
Hi Faye. I've been away from your blog for a bit- too busy with life! But wow- your new header is amazing. And I like your little bit of art this week too. Maybe you could send some cleaning karma my way. I started one day, and have stalled now for 2 weeks. Happy weekend-hope all is well. Hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteBeautiful layers there Faye! Lovely contrast of colours... that's what strikes at the onset.
ReplyDeleteLove your painted papers! Happy PPF:)
ReplyDeletelovely piece Faye, I should do some decluttering too.
ReplyDeleteI love the piece Faye! You also remind me that my closets need some attention too...
ReplyDeleteLoving the black contrast in the mix of colors Faye! Happy PPF
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job with layering in this piece Faye!
ReplyDeleteLovely artwork, very free and fantastic!
ReplyDeleteReducing things you don't need is a good start into 2017 to be able to fly better!
Nice to purge the closets Faye. LOL I love this piece of art. Full and rich.
ReplyDeleteDecluttering is time well spent! I agree that the black looks so nice contrasted with the pretty colors!
ReplyDeleteDecluttering is so good to do. For me, it declutters my mind too and frees me up for more positive stuff like creating. Your piece is so awesome! I love the way you used your colors and papers, especially intigrating the black, which is usually difficult, well at least for me. Great job an Happy PPF & declutterings. Hope you have a GREAT upcoming week. Hugs, Rasz
ReplyDeleteI commend you on tackling the closet purge. I try to clear out periodically especially at the end of a year to welcome the new year with a clean start. It's a job though. Your mixed media art is fun this week!
ReplyDelete~~ Irene
This is a very different piece you're sharing today, compared to your gorgeous watercolors, but I like it. The white flowers add a unifying touch to the whole composition. Blessings, my friend!
ReplyDeletepurging a closet or two is something that needs done here too. I think I have boxes in there that haven't been opened since moving to Missouri in 2000 :-( Great job with the layers in your mixed media project.. enjoy the process.
ReplyDeleteI love your pieces of paper art at the top, Faye. And your painted/collaged pieces this week has a lot of detail when you enlarge it. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteGood for you getting your closets done, how liberating!! Love your papers so beautiful and I am loving your banner so much! It's such a joy to be greeted by such a gorgeous header!! It begs to be studied with the eye!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
That is a lovely mixed media.
ReplyDeleteGreat art. . keep at it. . .it will be worth it to get things cleaned/cleared out. Blessings, Janet
ReplyDelete