Thursday, October 13, 2016

A Variety of Arty Things I did this Week

Some cards I made with my Big Kick.

Some painted papers I made and will use for journaling.

Another of my signature Li'l Redhead illustrations,
based on my granddaughter who is now 28.
Li'l Redhead has been caught doing many household
chores in the last 25 or so years. One of my first images
of Li'l Redhead can be seen as my photo on FB.

This was the project Monday in my watercolor class.
The teacher provided a photo she had taken of a little
boy who appeared to be in his big brother's shirt.

This is a digital collage made with Photoshop
Elements' brushes as well as a brush I made from
my watercolor of the little boy.


I cut a stencil for the background and a stencil for
the face, sprayed blue ink, and then painted my
face with watercolors. This is so not me! But it was fun.

The last two pieces are reruns from about 4 years ago.




Join in the fun at Paint Party Friday.







29 comments:

  1. You have been very busy this week. Great set of creations, love the little girl and boy. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love those painted papers! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your children! I find draining children the most difficult! All your art is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic work again, you had a busy and fun week. Love the new header, too. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of creativity Faye! Those papers are especially beautiful. I could imagine collaging with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of creativity Faye! Those papers are especially beautiful. I could imagine collaging with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I envy your gorgeous papers, Faye.
    The paintings are cute and beautiful, too.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is such a lot of different kinds of art here, Faye.
    The originals of the children are wonderful and I really like the digital alteration of the boy too.
    The fishing paintings are great too and you have captured the rippling and depth of the water perfectly.
    And your new header is terrific, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creativity abounds in many forms here and I love them all Faye! Marvelous cards, painted papers and illustrations. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOhhhhh you have been busy. I am so impressed with your water colors. They are just excellent. Wonderful cards and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful work Faye, I see you have started on your xmas cards?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful art, all of them. I particularly love the Li'l Illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely set. The lil redhead is my favourite. Thanks for dropping by my blog todsy
    Happy PPF

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely set. The lil redhead is my favourite. Thanks for dropping by my blog todsy
    Happy PPF

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful art! I really love the Lil redhead, it's so charming.

    Happy PPF from Tori :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the little red head series and the fishing women, awesome. Thanks for your comment on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you're rerunning paintings from four years ago! Sometimes they get lost in our virtual photo albums never to be seen again. You've been having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Christmascards already! You´re organized! You did a lot of work this week, and I like it all. The little boy is so sweet, and I like the one that is `so not you`. I think it is you though, just in a slightly different way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are such an amazing watercolour artist..wow. Love the little redhead and his legs and motion..and those fishing. Awesome new header...love it!! Fabulous work here!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great assortment of art projects this week Faye! really love "Lil Redhead" ♥♥♥♥ Your skills with watercolors is amazing and I'm a wee bit envious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely range of different creative endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love your illustrations and the cards are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Faye, you have been busy! All sorts of wonderful here. The little boy is precious and the folds in his shirt so well done. I also especially like your painted papers - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Faye - beautiful work thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the cards and beautiful children watercolours and those background papers are fabulous
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow- you've made some gorgeous pieces this week Faye. And the reruns are incredible too. I love those new TH holiday word dies. Plus that little boy. Wow. Thanks SO much for your well wishes and prayers regarding my husband. The latest news is they want to wait for another few weeks to be sure the rash is totally gone. (Even though he saw a dermatologist who cleared him for surgery.) I'm not sure this is due to my husband's health but more for the reputation of the hospital. That makes me disappointed, but I guess I need to keep my thoughts forward that this will get done. Hope it has been a wonderful weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow- you've made some gorgeous pieces this week Faye. And the reruns are incredible too. I love those new TH holiday word dies. Plus that little boy. Wow. Thanks SO much for your well wishes and prayers regarding my husband. The latest news is they want to wait for another few weeks to be sure the rash is totally gone. (Even though he saw a dermatologist who cleared him for surgery.) I'm not sure this is due to my husband's health but more for the reputation of the hospital. That makes me disappointed, but I guess I need to keep my thoughts forward that this will get done. Hope it has been a wonderful weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  28. so very creative :) My favorite is the little boy walking. Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow - you are so amazingly talented! I love watercolor paintings and your illustration, especially Lil' red head are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.