Join us over at Paint Party Friday. Kristin and Eva
work hard every week to give us this blog
to show what art we have been doing.
When I saw our class project in the Watercolor Class Monday,
I cringed. It was an animal we were painting. A ram. The main object
of that lesson was getting the wool to look soft and fluffy.
Other than that and the phone doodle below, I didn't do much
art this week except for making greetings cards.
The kaleidoscope painting below was something
I created in my mixed media (acrylics) class for my journal.
She wanted us to design a mandala. Since I am not
"into" mandalas, I am calling this a kaleidoscope image.
![]() |
| kaleidoscope image |
![]() |
| phone doodle |
I did make a load of bookmarks for my Bible study ladies
who will be coming to my house for lunch in a week.
Here is what I made. They were very labor intensive,
much more than they appear to be.
And finally a WIP of my daughter-in-law's. She is making
this steppingstone for a wedding gift. She poured the
cement and embedded this silver picture frame of a
car and the "jewels". She is going to draw a bride and groom
inside the car and put their first names on the steppingstone.





Ik vind je ram heel mooi geworden je zou zo in zijn wol willen graaien en je vrouwen kopje ziet ondeugend lieve groetjes Danielle
ReplyDeleteBeing a shepherd and artist I say: I love the painting of the sheep VERY much! A good portrait! All your watercolours and drawings are special and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love your ram!!!
ReplyDeleteClever stepping stone too!!!
Have a great weekend!
Lots of beautiful art again, and your ram is fantastic, definitely my fave this week. I can imagine how much work those bookmarks made. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteOK well you seem pretty busy to me. I love love love the ram. You did an excellent painting. The wool does look soft. Great Kaleidoscope, and I have no idea how you can sketch so well with you phone. Your D-I-L's piece is beautiful as well. Have a great weekend. Thank you for voting for my painting.
ReplyDeleteOh I love your ram!!
ReplyDeleteOh that ram...the hair do look soft and silky ...beautiful work !
ReplyDeleteRitu Doa is so right!
DeleteThank you, dear Faye, for you nice comment in my blog! Have good work and sunlight shining in your art and heart always!
ReplyDeleteYour all three Art pieces are very well done. The Ram is awesome. Great present made by your doughter in law.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy dinerparty and weekend ❤❤
Beautiful painting!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful painting!
ReplyDeletewell look at the variety of art that came from you this week-and all wonderful! Bravo on the ram painting and getting the fur texture perfectly!
ReplyDeleteloved your pics and cards really gorgeous ,you are blessed with great art dear
ReplyDeleteI saw so many of these sheep in Iceland, and it was great to see your watercolor. I am having trip withdrawals, even though it is always good to be home. Your other pieces are beautifully done too. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteI think you did a lot this week, lovely work and I like your blog header painting too. You DIL's piece is so beautiful already, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteI dare say you got that Rams wool just right! And your mandala works for me too! Lovely portrait and lovely gift for the bride and groom! Kudos to both of you!
ReplyDeleteI sure would not frown on your art. It is beautifully done. Love your Ram and that lady you drew. She is pretty.
ReplyDeleteI think your ram is wonderful, the fluffiness definitely shines through! I love the bookmarks and what a sweet gift by your daughter in law.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your work, Faye, and the ram especially touches my heart. :)
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I would cry if I got that stepping stone...what an amazing gift...they will love how personalized it is! I am so amazed at your ram I had to click to enlarge it so I could see how you got the wool so soft...AMAZING job....I couldn't tell until I looked close ...WOW... love your little faces too...I still have my card from 2013 that you made. I see it daily as it sits by my computer.. I notice the paper is starting to yellow and wrinkle from the heat...none the less it doesn't hinder the joy I get daily from that little face looking back at me! Love your bookmarks and how individual they are with each different font! Do you put them in a basket and let people grab one out...or dole them out or let them pick? My friends and I would blindly pick and then discuss how it was relevant to us! Great post for someone who didn't do much art this week!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
Beautiful! I especially love that ram....gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteFantastic art Faye and your ram is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF!
such talent I am discovering on this site. Your ram turned out great. and I love that stepping stone. Can't wait to see it finished.
ReplyDeleteyour ram's wool looks very soft and fluffy :)
ReplyDeleteHappy PFF :)
Jen #23
that Ram so cute
ReplyDeletehugs xo
Lisa
The ram is wonderful! You really got the fluffy effect with the wool! Bless your heart for putting so much time and effort into those beautiful bookmarks. They will love them! I know what you mean about mandalas... ;)
ReplyDeleteThat Ram is amazing!!!!! You just keep getting better and better ♥ Hope your luncheon went well :)
ReplyDelete