Thursday, July 28, 2016

The temperature's so HOT!!!

This week has been a scorcher and today is over 100° F.  After a few
errands outside, I have now sequestered myself in my airconditioned
house, trying to get the muse awakened.
So far, all I want to do is read.

I broke down and bought a hand operated Big Kick
die cutting machine. Here is a card I made using it.
The cardstock is glossy so there is a glare.
You have to enlarge it to see the Happy Birthday.

Then on Monday I had watercolor class. Here is what I did.




And now here are a couple of spreads from my new journal
that I am working on in mixed media class.





These are my entries for Paint Party Friday. Thanks to all
who visited my blog last week, even those who didn't
leave a comment.



18 comments:

  1. Where do you do your classes? Online or a "live" class? Looks like fun! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is beautiful again. Have fun with your big shot, I love mine! It was very hot here, but has thankfully cooled off a bit, I don't have A/C! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pieces Faye, a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful die cutter work! Hot here too and humid so it's a heavy heat! Stay hydrated my friend! Wonderful journal pages! Love the house line!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to treat yourself to new art tools. This week my favorite piece of yours is the gorgeous mixed media landscape in your art journal. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful art this week, Faye. My favorit is the last mixed-media work. Love it.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous watercolour and journal pages

    ReplyDelete
  8. a super variety of great art Faye! Aren't those machines fun? Lovely landscape in watercolor.Love all the layers of colors in your mixed media journal! Sounds like a great way to spend time when it's SO hot outside:) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow lots of beautiful art. My daughter got a die cutter and can't stop using it. Quite addictive. LOL Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I really love your colourful mixed media journal spreads. They look really pretty, especially the house with garden! It all fit in really well with the mixed background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have such beautiful artwork for us Faye,
    I've never used a die cutter but it certainly looks amazing, as does your watercolours.
    I should send you some of our cool Bonnie Scotland air to help cool you down.
    Happy PPF to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those mountains in your watercolour piece. And how fun that you're artjournaling again! Great spreads!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those journals are absolutely divine! And you are lucky you at least have air conditioning lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. it was 112 the other day, and not much cooler today either, ugh!
    Beautiful spreads! So colorful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your art, Faye, you have such wonderful talent! I cannot stand high heat and humidity, and we get a fair amount of it here in Montreal, Canada. So on the cooler and comfortable days I love to take long walks in nature. Since we have been having a few of these (thankfully) this summer I am enjoying those walks! Keep up the amazing work, and thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your muse has definitely shown up this week :) Love the watercolors <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely journal pages and nice watercolour landscape :)


    Happy PFF :)
    Jen #44

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.