Thursday, September 10, 2015

Art for Paint Party Friday

This poppy was done by looking at the example
in the book by Wendy Tait called Watercolour Flowers.
She had tracings of her flowers, which I did not use, but
she encouraged new painters to use them. I followed her
step by step instructions and came up with this poppy.


This is a background that I made in the class I take
on Saturdays, taught by Joanna. I used part of a
newspaper flyer to do this, first coating it with gesso.


I made this Christmas card using stencils
and acrylic paints. It has lots of shiny areas.

These are my entries for Paint Party Friday.

20 comments:

  1. Wow Faye, the poppy is simply amazing. The colors the depth just beautiful. I love your backgrounds too. All very well done.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful, but the poppy is stunning, you have great talent for painting flowers.Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely -- especially like the metallic on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely assortment of pieces today Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poppy is very delicate and beautifully painted and the textur fine.
    The card is great, too.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful poppy , great background on newspaper and a beautiufl x-mas card Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your poppy, it's beautiful. Great background and card also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful pieces again this week Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh Faye your poppy is just stunning-you have captured the delicateness of this flower so beautifully! Nice background and card too-you sure are getting a head start on the big holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faye, the poppy is just beautiful...the softness of the pedals you have so done perfectly...delicate and almost a velvet feel. Your journal pages and card are really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poppy is simply beautiful! I also like all the textures in your unique and beautiful Christmas card. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. goodness that poppy is really lovely. you have captured such wonderful depth. it is great when you have the step by step things to follow isn't it... I am impressed by your layered pieces... doing them makes my brain explode just a little bit... you seem to handle them beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each of these pieces is lovely. Your watercolor poppy is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Christmas card - very beautiful color, nice composition

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love poppies, and you paint them so beautifully. That background is looking great too, and that Christmascard .... wow.... I don't really want to think about Christmas yet ....

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of them are lovely but the poppy painting is beautifully executed.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Poppies. Your a real artistic painter. I applaud you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so creative with all the supplies and your work turns out beautifully. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.