Thursday, September 3, 2015

Altered Book Plus

I did a little work in my altered book this week. I have
about half dozen double pages to go till it is done.
This quote by Busch says:
"Good art is a form of prayer. It's a way to say the unsayable."
Thanks to Jo for the neat quote.



And here are a couple of watercolors I made.



Visit Paint Party Friday to see some really wonderful art.

30 comments:

  1. I love this charming book and your soft watercolors, nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful and special painting in your altered book! I love it! Also the bird and the flower (watercolous) are charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages in your altered book and love the delicate water colours. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of these, but that purple flower won my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet face and love the watercolours...especially the little birdy!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art is delicate and beautiful. Love quote, too.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your altered book is lovely - there is something very otherworldly about the images. I love the little bird painting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the delicacy that flows through these pieces - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pages and watercolours. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first piece has something wonderful about it, everything in it, it's hard to describe, it's a remarkable piece.
    Love your watercolours so much, the delicacy of them, and the details. Your birds have such personality.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your altered book is coming along beautifully, and love the quote you chose for this page. I also love your cardinal, which is one of my favorite birds. Happy PPF and Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The book is looking great and I love the watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful pieces this week Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your journal page-it reminds me that I really should play more with black and dark colors in my backgrounds:) Beautiful watercolors too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Faye Hello! I have missed your lovely art and your poetic words. These water colors are so lovely. Have a wonderful weekend
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that quote, too. What wonderful art pieces. So soft and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love seeing how your book is coming along. And as usual, your watercolors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cardinal looks adorable Faye. I always love making altered journals
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome Faye! I really love your watercolors. Maybe you should start a journal using watercolors and oil pastels?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful reality art work. I agree with Connie . . . a watercolor journal would be so creative and like a diary. . . albeit I love what you are doing with the book. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your journal book. It is coming along just beautifully. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely soft watercolours, and yes: that is a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your journal page and your watercolours. I so enjoy working in my altered book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Faye, how lovely and meaningful. Love it. Also the softness of your watercolors. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Faye,
    You are really talented! I think your portrait on your altered book page is really lovely. I am fond of anything bird related, too, so enjoy your cardinal. I used to think of them as Winter birds but they seem to stay around all year now??

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.