Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Another Fun Art Play Day

Another art day with Laura at my house.
First we played with alcohol inks on glossy
cardstock, blowing the inks with air through
drinking straws. Then we switched over
to watercolors. The first 3 are mine and
the last one is Laura's. I still haven't got
the hang of painting birds yet. I think I 
can paint but not draw very well. That could
be the problem. Anyway, this is my
contribution to Paint Party Friday.





28 comments:

  1. What fun to have a paint date! I need to find someone nearby who loves to do art. Nice work, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun day and your paintings are WONDERFUL! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blowing art out of a straw! Sounds like great fun with wonderful results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the landscape foursome. The overall view and then the sweet details of birds and flowers. Gorgeous work, Faye. M.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicate, beautifup paintings.
    Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun...those are the days that will be remembered for a lifetime. They are all beautiful, soft and delicate. Sending Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Painting is not necessarily a solitary practice as you have shown Faye, super pieces, lots of colour and freedom of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely paintings, the colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like a lot of fun and I especially love the first one - a very delicate ethereal landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, such art days are so fun and inspiring!

    I think your touch with water colors is so soft and tender, I especially like that first one, it reminds me of summer, my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS

      Love that banner picture, the texture and the flow of water and color shows so beautifully.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful pieces today Faye. Your friend Laura's is beautiful too. And I don't think your bird is so bad. Thanks for your nice comments last week on my blog too. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the soft, dreamy watercolors.So refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A painting play date sounds like a perfect way to spend a day... lots of colour on the pages and I think you are selling yourself short on the drawing skills... xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a fun date, Faye! Your 3 watercolors are beautiful, but my favorite is that gorgeous orange flower. Happy PPF and Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work from you and Laura, the colours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a colorful post! I too, love the flower but I also like the idea that you have a "paint buddy".

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much fun to create with a friend. I think you bird is perfect. All of these pieces are soft and elegant.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are truly gorgeous....I always thought art was about drawing perfectly but realize we each have our own delicious style! Love the bird and flowers...the colours together are so beautiful! So nice that you have an art buddy. I find it hard to create with others around!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the work with week Faye! So rich and beautiful. Wish I had an art buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, your colors are so clear and sweet--your subjects are charming, and your artwork lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your soft, fluid paintings! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love every piece of art. Beautiful. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.