Here are pages 3 and 4 of my board book from Jo's class,
using her prompts. (See side bar for Jo's link)
They were made using gesso, acrylic paints, hand cut stencils
and paint pens. This is my entry for Paint Party Friday.
I just thought that I should explain "board book". I started
with a children's book with thick pages. I sanded the front,
the back and both sides of each page before starting to work
on the pages with collage and paint.


Both pages are amazing!
ReplyDeleteHugs Anja
Love these pages, and all their textures and layers. Well done!
ReplyDeleteLove the textures and layering. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteFantastic pages Faye!
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF!
Wonderful work! Valerie
ReplyDeleteI like both pages, but the one that really speaks to me is the first one. The bold color combination with the striking silhouette and wisdom of the quotes makes it very powerful. Blessings, my friend!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pagwes, Faye.
ReplyDeleteLove your idea and your art. Happy PPF
ReplyDeletegreat pages Faye!
ReplyDeleteThey both turned out beautifully ...
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend, Faye.
Faye - I love these. They are in the same book but so different in tone and color. Beautiful work
ReplyDeleteWonderful pages Faye. Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteThese are super, like illustrations.
ReplyDeleteLove the background in the first, and the second would make a lovely card.
I really loved the whole board book idea when you began this journey and it is looking great. It's a process that has loads of possibilities. I must try it as soon as I am able! Have a great weekend Faye
ReplyDeletelovely board book pages!
ReplyDeleteMooi hoor Faye de tweede vind ik heel mooi van kleur lieve groetjes Danielle
ReplyDeleteGood stuff, Faye! I love what you've done with this. Thanks for putting me on your side bar. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat pages.I love your girl silhouette on the top page. How fun.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.... the 2nd image is my favorite!
ReplyDeleteIn that leaf paper there's delicateness that enchants me.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're having fun with the pages. :)
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to send a heartfelt thanks to your warm and thoughtful comments Faye.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to send a heartfelt thanks to your warm and thoughtful comments Faye.
ReplyDeleteHi Faye,,
ReplyDeleteI love how the words flow around the page!
Oh heavens, what a great idea. My board books are my old ones, couldn't do that to them, will have to go to the used bookstore and see if there are any there. What a great, great project. Love the leaves (and the silhouette too) and the sayings around everything. Blessings, Janet PPF
ReplyDeleteWonderful pages! Love the color of the first one and the softness of the second! Beautiful layers :)
ReplyDeleteOh these are wonderful Faye! I love the colors and the depth to them.
ReplyDeleteI really like your journalpages! Love the silhouette ♥
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of using kids books! Your pages are gorgeous and I love the second quote!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
they are lovely... I especially like the bottom one.. great textures...xx
ReplyDeleteHow creative! What a wonderful idea.
ReplyDelete