I know practically zilch about painting with acrylics paints but I wanted to do
something for this week's Paint Party Friday but it is a busy week with somewhere
to go every day except today. So I watched a little of the frugal crafter and decided
to try my hand at tulips. The first one is on pasteboard from a lined tablet. The second
one is on a sheet of paper I had sprayed with homemade glitter sprays. The third
painting is from an old background I had not figured what to do with. I painted off
the shape of a figure with gesso and then applied, inexpertly, the colors for my
Li'l Red Head, which my sister loves and collects. No doubt this will be hers.
Lovely flower and the little girl is just charming!
ReplyDeleteLovely painting, really like the first flower blend of colours are lovely.
ReplyDeleteI like the frugal crafter too, Lyndsey has so many good ideas and inspiration. Certainly gave you inspiration here Faye, I love what you have done with this.
ReplyDeleteI'm a real beginner with acrylics as well. You did a great job! They're fun to play with! :)
ReplyDeleteWell it looks pretty expert to me. I am finding acrylics not as easy to use as oils. You did a wonderful job.
ReplyDeleteNicole/Beadwright
Fabulous!! I love the purple tulip of course!! The girl and jump rope is amazing...great action energy happening!! Good job!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
All three paintings are delightful, but my favorite one is the red headed dolly. Your sister is going to love having her. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful, love that little girl the most! Valerie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flower - and the little girl is so cute :)
ReplyDeleteI love these sweet paintings, especially the little girl, so lovely!
ReplyDeleteYour painting has value, color harmony, texture and most importantly its enjoyable to look at! Great job.
ReplyDeleteBoth are lovely. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteYour flower is a spectacular start but the little red head stole my heart.
ReplyDeleteThe tulips are beautiful, Faye, and the little girl is adorable - I love her! You did a fine job!
ReplyDeleteThe flower and the lil girl, both look cute and lovely Faye :)
ReplyDeleteI've resently been painting tulips myself, and love yours. Light and shade are beautifully done, so is the shape of flowers and leaves. Lovely works.
ReplyDeletewonderful pieces Faye!
ReplyDeleteHi Faye...how I love your tulips...the color palette is magical and serene and also uplifting to me! Love the brushwork and delicate textures! and also the second one has such lovely striations in the petals....gorgeous blended brushwork patterns!
ReplyDeleteI adore little red head girl..she is so enchanting! how beautiful! she warms my heart!
Happy wkd to you!
Victoria
beautiful paintings Faye-the soft layers in your tulips are wonderful, and the little redhead is so sweet!
ReplyDeleteBoth the tulips look lovely Faye. The little girl looks adorable.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend
Susan
Faye I love your new header. And your tulips are springy and cheery and very nice.
ReplyDeleteI noticed your new header too. Its lovely and so is your tulip. I haven't heard forge frugal crafter . I need to check her out. X
ReplyDeleteBeautiful .... Love the movement in the second painting. And your new header looks great too!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tulips and the little girl is precious! Happy PPF! Rasz #67
ReplyDeleteI have never really got the hang of acrylics as when I use them the colors look a bit dead but yours have really worked out nicely. Happy PPF
ReplyDeleteHello Faye! I got so much pleasure from seeing your art this week. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteLove the tulips and the girl is adorable. I have always worked with acrylics and would be lost with oils.
ReplyDeleteYour tulips seem so simple but are so exquisite!
ReplyDeleteyou look like a pro with acrylics! Hard to believe this is out of your comfort zone. These are wonderful.
ReplyDelete