I am using this old painting as the basis for my Word Art Wednesday challenge entry.
This is Stephanie, whom I tutored back in the early 70s. She was so spunky and so
full of life that I wanted to show that vitality in my oil painting. I have added this
week's scripture digitally.
Paint Party Friday Friends: I didn't have time to do any painting this week. If you do visit
and leave a comment I will return your visit unless you have Google Plus, which I can't
comment on. Just leave a link or email for me to comment on your works.
Sorry I just don't have time to visit all 100+ artists this time. I hope next week will be better.


What a gorgeous painting, Faye! It's not just perfect for WAW, but for all the April Showers challenges. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteFabulous Painting I really love it! I have started to paint Children myself since short and find it very challenging :-)
ReplyDeleteXOXO SanDee1899
Stephanie looks delightful! Beautiful painting and a lovely scripture.
ReplyDeleteJanet xx
That's a wonderful painting.
ReplyDeleteThis is really wonderful, Faye. Your art is always so fresh and unique and I love seeing your creativity as God moves you to create. The scripture is used beautifully, and I thank you so much for sharing with us again this week. I just prayed for you, and am asking God to bless you in a special way today to show you His goodness and power. Have a blessed day!
ReplyDeleteKaren
Word Art Wednesday
This is so wonderful Faye. Great, great painting work. Love it
ReplyDeletelovely greet
Marja
Hi Faye, This is a wonderful painting. I just love her yellow trench coat. It adds to her happiness. Hugs
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely lovely, Faye~
ReplyDeletewow I really love this wonderful painting Faye. Hugs Annette x
ReplyDeletehttp://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
How delightful! You have certainly caught her energy! That's a wonderful verse, too.
ReplyDeleteLovely painting...so full of joy! and I love that she is dancing in the rain ;) ♥ Conny
ReplyDeletehttp://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de
Thank you so much, Conny. I enjoyed seeing your marvelous video, but I couldn't leave you a comment. I do not do google plus. I think there is a way for you to allow blogspot comments even while using google plus.
DeleteEen heel fijn schilderijtje met mooie zachte kleuren lieve groetjes Danielle
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work Faye! I missed you at PPF yesterday! Valerie
ReplyDeleteThis is so wonderful. I can almost feel the joy in that little girls face...Love that you also used the Word Art for this week. Fab job! Thank you for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Big hugs!
ReplyDeleteJO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com
Faye, I love your painting!! It reminds me of the illustrations in Ezra Jack Keats books from my childhood ( A Snowy Day, Whistle for Willie). Stephanie looks like she's enjoying her walk in the rain. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. Blessings to you!!
ReplyDeleteWownes Faye!! I am in love with this painting..i am in awe of it's beauty..charachter..rhythm..energy...very alive for me..she is totally magical..the colors are amazing..I love her lively stance and movement..the yellow jacket is so striking in the composition..and the umbrella in addition speaks to my soul...the whole scene is poetry and a wonderfully amazing art....stunning..this has to be my favorite!! What a gorgeous gem!!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Victoria
PS; this piece will stand out in my mind for a long time!! Thanks for sharing it!!