Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pencils Again

Here is all I have done for drawing or painting this week.
I have been busy making Christmas cards for the church
bazaar for the fall, getting an early start. I am entering this

Edit:
Since I had no particular fondness for this  drawing, I decided 
to risk ruining it by applying the wet brush to my watercolor
pencils. Here is the result. Interesting how it looks like she has a mask. 
If I have time I'll try to remedy that.

Another Edit:



29 comments:

  1. Beautiful Faye, I love her whispy hair. Good idea to start on those Christmas cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the wet brush gave more depth to her, Faye.

    You can never start to early for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wet brush really enhanced this fab drawing Faye. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Faye! You are a true artist! This is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sketch, and I love the change from using the water brush! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she turned out beautiful. Isn't it funny that we feel more daring when we don't care much for a piece? And sometimes that brings the best results than those we like and we stop afraid of messing up
    happy PPF!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful portrait. I love the effect of watercolour pencils:) Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my I feel as though Christmas as only just gone and you are making cards already. That is definitely being organised. Your lady turned out fab. The wetness gives her a looser softer feel. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the dimensions you get with the brush work!! Good for you getting a head start on the cards!! I need to do that instead of waiting until the last minute! She is beautiful!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heerlijk dat je de tijd krijgt mooi gezicht de laatste is mooi van kleur lieve groetjes Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so much more finished when you wet the pencils, or that is what I find, myself. Do you paint on both sides of the journal page? I'm thinking to start an art journal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Christine, the wet pencils make the sketch look finished. Lovely drawing. Good for you for getting a head start on Christmas! We have a card ministry at our church too. I love to make and send cards. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your different edits! It looks completely different when you add the water. Christmascards ... nooooooooo, don't want to think about Christmas yet ...!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty portrait. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful portrait Faye ...!!

    xoxo doris

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh Faye..she is totally gorgeous..you have a magical way of creating such a strong life essence shining through your faces....she is just spectacular!I love the soft textures of her hair..and the amazing smoothness of the face/fleshtones..exquisite!Always a joy visiting you!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Faye, and I noticed you also changed your blog profile pic, very pretty! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually like the softness that you achieved in her skin after you went over it with the wet brush. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the water added one... I think they are both fab but I like the softness of the water one... those pencils are tricky to use but you have handled them beautifully...xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the last edited version. She is beautiful! Speaking of Christmas card faye... will it be ok with you for us to trade cards too? I love to have your art. Let me know what you think. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the way you handled the hair and skin, beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like that portrait - the hair is particularly well done - I like the wispyness of it before you used water - I like the water colored affect as well. Hppf

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's come out quite well -- very beautiful portrait with such a mysterious expression. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh What Fun. . . I do that too. A 'ruined' painting, at least to me it is, and I just do whatever to it (especially into water color and just tried the water color pencils - I'll show that one next week) and it eventually comes out OK, or Not. It sure is fun though. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it when someone feels it's okay to experiment--it's very freeing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. She got better as you keep working her. Good job. HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Faye,
    Your gal has had a face lift, she seems more radiant with fine detailed features. Your last edit is without question is the best. A very lovely portrait.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Annabelle O,O

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful and very artistic.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.