Thursday, October 11, 2012

Water cleanup Oils

Using some poppies I painted last week in watercolors as my model, I made this using water soluble oil paints tonight. I am entering it in this week's Paint Party Friday #31.


Edit: It's getting to the end of PPF. I have visited and left comments on 71 blogs. That is truly a record for me. I often visit 45 or 50, but I spent almost the entire day enjoying all this art. What a wonderful treat!

51 comments:

  1. Wow Faye a dream.
    So so beautiful flower painting.

    Have a lovely weekend my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Faye. Love this paiting ant the colors. marvelous
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty dear Faye. have a wonderful weekend. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♪彡♪♫°¸.•♫°`

    Muito bonito mesmo!!!
    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil

    ♪♫♫°✿°`╮

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Love your brush strokes! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful.Love your poppies and they are one of my favorites flowers. Thank you. Great job. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers Faye, loving the creamyness of the textures. Bought myself a small beginners box of these paints but haven't plucked up the courage yet to use them........Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Poppy painting Faye. You captured the delicateness of the subject so wonderfully! Happy PPF! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful poppies. Such great color. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them Faye.... they are such wonderful colours and so pretty.

    Have a great weekend

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely painting. How do you like those water soluble oils? HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely, faye... gentle spirit... alpha shanahan #26

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely flowers! I like to use watersoluble oil paints too since they're much safer than the traditional ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE!!! poppies and I equally love your beautiful painting of them! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I love these flowers, wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally Blissful..this is my new fave of yours Faye! I love it for so many reasons.it is visually stunning...there is such depth and mood and color expression..this is fabulous!!
    There is a strong beautiful dance happening in this piece!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely poppies Faye...Great hues:)
    HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very very beautiful Faye!! Love the texture, color and shapes!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderfully created and so elegant ~ You have found your style and able to do it! ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    thanks for coming by and commenting ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful poppies! Very soft and pretty color. Thank you for sharing them.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, I used water soluble pastel crayons which are wax pastels. I found out from a friend that Reeve's makes some too. I had no idea there were others.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glorious, love this. Thanks for visiting my blog and for telling me about the incorrect link. I hope I fixed it now. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Fifty-five years married- you really need a medal- I am on 37 (only). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. your beautful oil painting is a treat too and thank you for your kind words on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love poppies - all colors, all forms - real or created!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  24. it is a treat to visit so many blogs and it is my Saturday morning creative tune up for inspiration and visiting with friends...
    love the poppies... they are my favourite flowers!!!
    T xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty! What a thoughtful gesture to post on all those blogs! Thanks for visiting me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your flowers, they're wonderful! I admire you for managing to visit every one - I love it too but lately the past couple months its been IMPOSSIBLE bc been doing lots of outdoor arts sales. Hopefully in the winter I can again! thanks for the great cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful colors, depth and interesting brushwork, looks fabulous!
    Good for you, visiting everybody, it's fun and inspiring but quite time consuming. HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful poppies. :) Great colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely lovely flowers Faye. Beautiful! And hooray for visiting so many art blogs. I cannot do so well. But hooray for u!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely poppies! and well done for visiting all those blogs! I try too but it really is time-consuming....

    ReplyDelete
  31. These Poppies are amazing and I love the background too ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. Truly beautiful work on this painting. I like the flower centers. And the brush strokes in the background!
    It is a treat to see everyone's art here on PPF. It usually takes me part of three days to get to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous poppies!
    Flowers make wonderful models! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  34. All your beautiful texture and brushstrokes make me kind of want to play around with some oils.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is one medium I have yet to try but you show them off well with your pretty poppies. Have a good weekend. Happy PPF to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful poppies and the textures you created make them seem in relief, very beautiful work!

    Luv the red one especially.
    p.s. good job on visiting, takes me almost an entire week if it's over 100 ~^..^~


    xx Annabelle

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your poppies are so beautiful. I can't believe you've managed to visit everyone! Great job x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Water soluble oil paints!! I've never used them your painting has made me want to try! Beautiful work! And well done on managing to visit everyone, I struggle each week to get around as many as I can you are an inspiration! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh Faye... I am impressed that you visit SO many blogs!! Your flowers are beautiful... water soluble oils - i've never tried them but the results are great. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. xox

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is lovely, and i am impressed you managed to get to so many blogs, i can never seemto make it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. oh this is so beautiful Faye!!!! wow....wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've never tried water soluble oils, I love what you created with them. Beautiful poppies and gorgeous backgound and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  43. These poppies are lovely and delicate. I have no idea how you manage to see so many blogs in the time. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Faye, this is such a beautiful flower painting. The colors are brilliant yet soft. Stunning.
    Kudos to you for having visited 71 blogs for PPF - so far, I've never accomplished that.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is stunning, love the colours and the brush marks.

    ReplyDelete
  46. These are gorgeous glowers Faye! Love that orangy yellow one - it looks just like some in my garden...

    ReplyDelete
  47. The colors of your poppies are beautiful. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.