Monday, October 8, 2012

Orange Lily - MOM Challenge

Patty S. gave me permission to do a painting from one of her photographs a year or so ago and I made this watercolor. For the Mandarin Orange Monday I used Photoshop Elements to change the color slightly. The original is slightly redder, which I really think looks a bit better. (see below)


18 comments:

  1. What a lovely lily! Thanks for coming by my blog...I enjoy your visits:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercolor work! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely lillies. Fantastic creation Faye.
    Lovelt greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your work is awesome. You are very good at it. Thanks for sharing and visiting:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an amazing job painting the Lilly. The perspective is very interesting. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lily is beautiful in both colours Faye. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful watercolor. I have always wanted to learn watercolor, it is such a beautiful medium.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother was an artish and your water color Lily reminds me of some of her art. They are beautiful.

    I, too, am a novice in PSE, but I have managed to figure a few things out. I am sure an instructor would be pulling his hair out if he could see me at work ... but I have fun and that is what we do this for, right? Thanks for coming to see me ...

    Andrea @ FRom The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I´ve missed my words Faye.
    Your drawing is a dream.
    So so beautiful.
    Love them.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

  10. Beautiful bold colour - it could be a Fauve artwork:) Great processing and thank you for sharing it on Mandarin Orange Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Faye..spectacular..gorgeous lily..both versions are totally stunning!You are super talented! Very uplifting and I can almost smell the beautiful scent of lilies now!
    victoria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully painted, wish I could. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Faye, this is just beautiful. I have always loved orange daylilies and you have absolutely captured their wild, brilliant color and depth (in BOTH versions). You are a truly talented painter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful watercolor! It looks so real and that orange color is lovely!

    Duaa

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.