Thursday, October 4, 2012

Oil Painting on Canvas Board

Here is my painting for this week. I realized tonight that I had not done any painting this week I used my water soluble oil paints on a canvas board. I realize this isn't a fine art work, but it sure felt good to do oil painting again. I am entering this in Paint Party Friday.

37 comments:

  1. She has such personality, I think I would enjoy knowing her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your face is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her! She looks like a character in a juicy tropical - country novel

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Faye she is a beauty.
    Fantastic painting.
    Love her face.

    Have a fabulous weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! She looks like a woman with a lot of stories to tell.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work Faye.
    lovely greet and a nice weekend
    Marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet face! I try to stay away from oils since I don't know ho to use them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her face. It looks as if she is about to say something. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great painting, she looks like she is listening to something being said to her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Portraits are so hard to do, I would be totally useless. You have painted such a beauty dear Faye! Lovely work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love your delicious red! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She looks familiar to me...I imagine she would be a very interesting person to know. It must have been a shock to realize that it was Thursday and you hadn't painted all week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is beautiful! So glad you found time to paint! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your beautiful lady and the creaminess of the oils. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful portrait. I love that red scarf in her hair. Seems like the oils suit you well. I think you need to do more! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is beautiful and well done ~ very expressive ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely painting. You are so talented, Faye.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful portrait.
    So expressive, Faye.
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow..Faye she is magnificent and stunning..what an exciting piece..she is bewildering and beautiful! Love her hoop earrings too..wow..this is a fabulous piece! and yay Happy B-day!! Wishing you much magic and beauty and light..lots of love and sparkles! Hope you feel better soon..many hugs dear friend!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Faye.Hope you are feeling better. Wow, this lady is very interesting to look at. I wish the painting could be seen while I'm typing my comment, but I just loved the way she looked. Very nice. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now changed it so that it is not full sheet but embedded.

      Delete
  21. This is a beautiful portrait, fine art it is!

    ReplyDelete
  22. She's beautiful! I love the calmness of her face. I wish I felt like she looks. ;) Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love her! She looks so strong and secure with herself ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. she is beautiful faye just like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my she is so gorgeous!! She looks like a retired ballet teacher!! Wow...so impressive! Your style is fabulous!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  26. she's got a wonderfully graceful and knowing look. i want to know what she's thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  27. She's so mysterious looking to me. I like her high cheek bones. Wise woman indeed :) Happy PPF!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Faye she is beautiful.... I love the angle of her face and her wonderful expression

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Incredible, really wonderful painting, dear Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What beautiful eyes you have, my dear! Does that remind you of the big bad wolf! :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a lovely expression she has. . . sort of, I have a secret. It is beautiful. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  32. She is just lovely. The color and lines are so gentle and feminine. I would give anything to be able to paint portraits like this!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.